You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-12 13:44:46

HungGarTiger

Unknown Horizons AUR

I'm trying to install Unknown Horizons but I get this error when I

makepkg
error : Operation in progress
warning: failed to load external entity "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
cannot parse http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
error: command 'xsltproc' failed with exit status 4

I've googled and searched on the site but I can't find anything that matches my error, has anyone installed this game? And overcome this error?

Any input would be great

"No sympathy for the devil. If you buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Hunter S. Thompson

#2 2012-11-12 13:51:10

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Unknown Horizons AUR

Can xsltproc run on a url or do you need to download the file(s) first?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-11-12 14:12:16

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Building fine in a clean chroot here, and although I had to add intltool and libxslt to the makedepends to allow the desktop files and manpage to be generated, it still built successfully without them.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#4 2012-11-12 15:27:44

ewaller
Administrator

Moving this to AUR issues and discussion

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2012-11-13 04:58:48

HungGarTiger

Trilby wrote:

Can xsltproc run on a url or do you need to download the file(s) first?

I can't seem to access the link location, could it be being blocked as I am in China?

WorMzy wrote:

Building fine in a clean chroot here, and although I had to add intltool and libxslt to the makedepends to allow the desktop files and manpage to be generated, it still built successfully without them.

Tried that but still throws up the error.

I have come to the conclusion that China is blocking the link as it just seems to time out when trying to download.

- Hunter S. Thompson

#6 2012-11-18 12:36:13

HungGarTiger

OK, I've downloaded docbook.xml from the link. It seems for some reason or another China is blocking docbook.sourceforge, so would anybodybe able to inform me of how I change this part of the pkgbuild?

I would like to change where the build points xsltpro to the web address to a place where I have saved the .xml.

I've had a quick look but couldn't see any information about it in the PKGBUILD, I'll keep looking but if anybody knows how I would appreciate the help

- Hunter S. Thompson

#7 2012-11-18 18:25:05

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

By the looks of it, the offending line is in setup.py:

wormzy@sakura[pts/5]/var/lib/archbuild/extra-x86_64/build/build/src/unknown-horizons$ grep -n docbook setup.py                                                                                   
178:								     'http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl',

which is part of the _build_man class. If you want to just skip the manpage generation, reverse (via sed in the PKGBUILD) the conditional statement on line 172 of setup.py.

Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

#8 2012-11-19 01:31:10

HungGarTiger

WorMzy wrote:

By the looks of it, the offending line is in setup.py:

wormzy@sakura[pts/5]/var/lib/archbuild/extra-x86_64/build/build/src/unknown-horizons$ grep -n docbook setup.py                                                                                   
178:								     'http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl',

which is part of the _build_man class. If you want to just skip the manpage generation, reverse (via sed in the PKGBUILD) the conditional statement on line 172 of setup.py.

Thanks WorMzy, I've found the class - it was in one of the only places I didn't check - I was looking around the "build" directory..

Here is the class..

class _build_man(build):
        description = "build the Manpage"

def run(self):
                if not find_executable('xsltproc'):
                        self.warn("Can't build manpage, needs xsltproc")
                        return

self.make_file(['doc/manpage.xml'], 'unknown-horizons.6', spawn, \
                                                                   (['xsltproc',
                                                                     'http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/curre$
                                                                     'doc/manpage.xml'],))
                self.distribution.data_files.append(('share/man/man6', ('unknown-horizons.6',)))

build.sub_commands.append(('build_man', None))

I was considering just taking that "not" out of the if statement, but as you said via SED in the PKGBUILD I am a little confused - could you explain to me how SED does  it via the PKGBUILD? I checked the PKGBUILD and couldn't find any reference to this area of the code..

- Hunter S. Thompson

#9 2012-11-19 10:30:09

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

When you run makepkg, the PKGBUILD is read, the sources are downloaded (if necessary), checked for integrity, and then extracted (where necessary), then it starts the build() function.

Now 10 lines into the Unknown Horizon's build() function, setup.py is run. Up until this point, you can (if you want/need to, and the license doesn't prohibit it) make changes to the setup.py file, either by applying patches, or by using sed with the -i flag, or whatever.

Board footer