You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-19 20:02:22

elcalen
Website

Web browsing problem in Linux

Okay, lately (for the last week or two) I've had a strange problem browsing the web. My browser (normally Firefox, but I just tested with Elinks with the same results) just won't connect to certain sites, www.snoopy.com and www.rpgamer.com to name a couple.

When I'm in Windows, the same sites work without a hitch. (I use Firefox in Windows as well, with pretty much the same settings.)

I'm using a ppp connection...

#2 2005-09-19 20:07:32

mpie

Re: Web browsing problem in Linux

sorry dude both work in konqueror........

and dillo ....

and firefox1.06......

think it could be a connection issue

#3 2005-09-19 21:19:23

elcalen
Website

Yeah... But what I don't get is why they work fine in Windows on the same machine... Something to do with my ppp drivers or something?? And it's only been like this for a couple of weeks...

It's an annoying problem, but I'm not enough of a techie to figure it out myself... As far as I can see the sites that don't work are just ordinary websites, with nothing to separate them from sites that do work... roll

#4 2005-09-22 19:02:27

elcalen
Website

Okay... The sites in question seem to be working now. It would appear that the problem had something to do with my internet connection being routed through another computer in our household a while back, and those settings being still left on in rc.conf after I got my own adsl connection online again... Whether it was just because both connections were on at the same time or that it was routed through a Windows machine, which apparently was causing other problems on my brother's machine as well, I can't say...

Board footer