You are not logged in.

#76 2012-12-02 07:30:04

hunterthomson
Website

Re: netflix-desktop and wine-silverlight are now in AUR

Thank you demizer smile

The new package works very well for me on my x86_64, just like the last one. Thanks to your work, getting Netflix working on Arch Linux is easier then it is on Ubuntu tongue Heck, it is easier then it is on Windows, it's just one command away.

OpenBSD-current Thinkpad X230, i7-3520M, 16GB CL9 Kingston, Samsung 830 256GB
Contributor: linux-grsec

#77 2012-12-02 08:42:26

demizer
Website

hunterthomson wrote:

Thank you demizer smile

The new package works very well for me on my x86_64, just like the last one. Thanks to your work, getting Netflix working on Arch Linux is easier then it is on Ubuntu tongue Heck, it is easier then it is on Windows, it's just one command away.

Cool, and you're welcome! But most of the credit goes to Erich Hoover. I just packaged his work for Arch. But I do really like the new xset feature. I'm glad Celti recommended it on the AUR page. It really allows me to enjoy the movie and not have to worry about moving the mouse because my monitor is going to turn off.

Anyways, I am going to switch my laptop over to i686 so I can test wine-silverlight and the zfs packages.

Last edited by demizer (2012-12-02 08:43:00)

#78 2012-12-02 11:49:50

hunterthomson
Website

Yes, the xset is nice. That fracking DPMS has plaged me both on my last laptop and this one. Even with it turned of is somehow truns itself back on. Sometimes it gets so bad that the screen will turn off in less then 1 minute, every minute. I am forced to run this just to keep the screen from turnning off

while true
do
sleep 5
xset -dpms
done

I wish I could just rip out all that DPMS code from X11, but this is another problem not related at all to this package.

Last edited by hunterthomson (2012-12-02 11:52:03)

OpenBSD-current Thinkpad X230, i7-3520M, 16GB CL9 Kingston, Samsung 830 256GB
Contributor: linux-grsec

#79 2012-12-02 14:21:05

akspecs

New error with the new script on my system that I specifically upgraded from ext3 ... ext4  for netflix.

"An unexpected error code was returned when testing for extended file system attributes."

I will say, although this didn't happen in previous versions, the popup window did look nice and professional. tongue

#80 2012-12-02 20:49:02

demizer
Website

akspecs wrote:

New error with the new script on my system that I specifically upgraded from ext3 ... ext4  for netflix.

"An unexpected error code was returned when testing for extended file system attributes."

I will say, although this didn't happen in previous versions, the popup window did look nice and professional. tongue

Hmmmm. Could be something wrong with the test program. Could you please run the following command and let me know what it returns

/usr/share/netflix-desktop/test-xattr ~/.netflix-desktop/

If it works as expected, you should get no output. Make sure you have user_xattr as a mount option for the mount point containing your home directory.

Thanks!

#81 2012-12-04 00:04:12

mamamia88

demizer wrote:
akspecs wrote:

Hmmmm. Could be something wrong with the test program. Could you please run the following command and let me know what it returns

If it works as expected, you should get no output. Make sure you have user_xattr as a mount option for the mount point containing your home directory.

Thanks!

same problem.  tried doing what you said both as root and normal user and got an error saying unable to execute binary.  i am using ext4 so it shouldn't be a problem.

#82 2012-12-04 19:33:50

demizer
Website

mamamia88 wrote:
demizer wrote:
akspecs wrote:

Thanks!

same problem.  tried doing what you said both as root and normal user and got an error saying unable to execute binary.  i am using ext4 so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, test-xattr is compiled for x86_64. I foolishly forgot to make the netflix-desktop package architecture specific. It is currently "any achitecture". To disable this check, pass "--noxattr" as an argument and the script will not perform this check.

Anyways, I tried installing netflix-desktop on a fresh install and it was a disaster with a bunch of missing dependencies. I am going to see about creating a chroot environment to test my packages in the future.

It also seems that firefox was having issues installing on a ZFS root filesystem, and the netflix-desktop script pretty much failed after the firefox install hanged. I am going to add an argument to the script to allow users to customize the install path. I currently have netflix-desktop installed in my ext4 boot partition for testing. Ext4 is definitely the best supported filesystem with this script.

After I figured out that it was the filesystem, I had problems with libgl (3rd gen core i7 mobile processor) causing silverlight to crash.

I am going to write a wiki article for netflix-desktop to guide people through install issues and debugging. For now, if anyone is having problems, run the script with the "--showdebug" argument to see what is going on.

#83 2012-12-05 00:23:00

lagoy117

lagoy117 wrote:

Running on i686 with an ATI Radeon and the OS drivers is not working for me. When trying to play a movie the Silverlight plugin crashes and says:

The Silverlight plugin has crashed.
No report available.
Reload the page to try again.

On the console wine spits back an error with openGL:

libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more details.
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Serial number of failed request:  294
  Current serial number in output stream:  298

Is there any way to debug this with openGL further? Also, in debug mode when playing a movie wine warns about missing the opengl32.dll file (among many other things).

I "fixed" the error by manually replacing libstdc++.so.6.0.17 in /usr/lib32/ with a newer version which has GLIBCXX 3.4.9 (this is what openGL was complaining about). Not a great solution but Netflix now works and much better than in a VM as well. I am not sure why the 32bit library is too old.

#84 2012-12-05 13:38:05

akspecs

@lagoy117

This seems to help me as well.  Good call, though I did back up the previous ones just in case.

@demizer

I would love to know if you have gotten this working with the newer intel graphics.  I had this script working earlier on some netbook with the open source intel drivers but I likely had a dependency that we just aren't sure about.  Also, users of Ubuntu claim it works on some of their net books reasonably well ( while others have it work - just intolerable frame rates which is understandable. )

#85 2012-12-05 15:23:17

Gnarl

I'm having some issues compiling, perhaps I'm missing something?

gcc: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program as)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <https://bugs.archlinux.org/> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [testlist.o] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/raid/software/aur/wine-silverlight/src/wine-silverlight-64-build/dlls/msvcr90/tests'
make: *** [dlls/msvcr90/tests] Error 2

Edit... er.... nevermind, deleting the src  dir and compiling again went fine

Last edited by Gnarl (2012-12-05 15:40:59)

#86 2012-12-07 01:23:52

rafaelddff

I wasn't successful with this package. When I launch a video on netflix, or any other silverlight content for that matter, the firefox plugin process dies with "page fault on read access to 0xfffffff". Can anyone help me in debugging the issue.

#87 2012-12-08 04:39:14

demizer
Website

akspecs wrote:

@demizer

I would love to know if you have gotten this working with the newer intel graphics.  I had this script working earlier on some netbook with the open source intel drivers but I likely had a dependency that we just aren't sure about.  Also, users of Ubuntu claim it works on some of their net books reasonably well ( while others have it work - just intolerable frame rates which is understandable. )

Not yet, but I do think it is a missing dependency or something upstream that could easily be fixed. I have been very sick these past couple days. I am using the time off from work to re-organize my archlinux git repos and my automated package building/repo script. I should be back to updating the packages next week. I was having a lot of issues with the zenity dialogs taking up the whole screen. I am looking for a solution currently as the width and height properties in zenity are not working on my systems for some reason.

rafaelddff wrote:

I wasn't successful with this package. When I launch a video on netflix, or any other silverlight content for that matter, the firefox plugin process dies with "page fault on read access to 0xfffffff". Can anyone help me in debugging the issue.

Trying running netflix-desktop with "--showdebug" and see what you get. The netflix-desktop package is currently missing the following dependencies:

libsm or lib32-libsm
mpg123 or lib32-mpg123
base-devel or multilib-devel
libpng12 or lib32-libpng12
libpng or lib32-libpng

Use lib32 if you are running on arch64. I plan on building in a clean chroot environment in the future to catch missing dependencies. Sorry about that.

#88 2012-12-08 18:42:30

ohshitgorillas

I, like Daedalus1, am having a problem on the Catalyst driver where I'm getting audio but no video. Also, gnome3 pretty much crashes if I right click or sometimes if I try to do anything and I generally have to reboot after trying to run it. I can't switch to the open source driver because then I get no audio (HDMI). I never saw a dialog asking about DRM content but I'm sure I would have clicked "enable" if I had. Right now I'm trying to reinstall but damn it, last time it took over three hours for wine-silverlight to build haha...

Everything is recent, I installed everything last night and it's a mostly fresh install of Arch. I'm on x86_64 with the official repository version of catalyst. Looking through the thread it looks like it might help if I delete the .netflix-desktop file, but which file is that exactly?

Last edited by ohshitgorillas (2012-12-08 18:49:59)

#89 2012-12-08 20:20:20

khelar

Just installed this on my laptop last night.  Took an hour to compile, but it works perfectly!  (Intel graphics).  Thanks for putting the package together.

#90 2012-12-08 20:42:44

rafaelddff

demizer wrote:

Use lib32 if you are running on arch64. I plan on building in a clean chroot environment in the future to catch missing dependencies. Sorry about that.

Thanks for the reply, @demizer.

I'm running Arch64 and I'm not totally clear on the whole multilib situation, sorry. I have some of the dependencies installed with the non-32 version, should I install the "-32" one as well? The trace on the moment of the crash with `showdebug` is:

fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x33c60c
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:shell:SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID L"C:\\Program Files\\Mozilla Firefox\\omni.ja": stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterTraceGuidsW (0x1c3896a, (nil), {aa087e0e-0b35-4e28-8f3a-440c3f51eef1}, 3, 0x33ec0c, (null), (null), 0x1cba6c0,): stub
fixme:advapi:CreateProcessAsUserW 0x150 L"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Silverlight\\4.1.10329.0\\agcp.exe" L"agcp.exe 33 328" (nil) (nil) 1 0x00004000 (nil) (null) 0x33ee80 0x33ee70 - semi- stub
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:file:K32GetMappedFileNameW (0xffffffff, 0x4015fb, 0x50e1f4, 520): stub
fixme:module:GetModuleHandleExW should pin refcount for 0x1bd0000
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
fixme:d3d:wined3d_guess_card No card selector available for card vendor 0000 (using GL_RENDERER "Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 0x301)").
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xffffffff at address 0xf2c3d050 (thread 0040), starting debugger...

The full trace is at http://pastebin.com/D1iU3QH4.

Thanks, again!

#91 2012-12-09 11:22:51

chsims1

Does anyone know if this could be easily adapted to work with 'LoveFilm'?

Last edited by chsims1 (2012-12-09 11:23:25)

#92 2012-12-10 01:44:01

miguecosa

Hi, I'm trying to compile wine-silverlight with no success.
This is the error i get (after two hours compiling, and I tried twice):

gcc: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [tgt_minidump.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/miguel/Software/Arch-Local-Pack/wine-silverlight/src/wine-silverlight-32-build/programs/winedbg'
make: *** [programs/winedbg] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

I tried to use the repo too. No luck. When i try to add the key I get this:

gpg: requesting key 0EE7A126 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
gpg: keyserver timed out
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Keyserver error
==> ERROR: Remote key not fetched correctly from keyserver.

I guess today is not my day.
Hope someone can help me to get this stuff working. Thank you.

#93 2012-12-10 09:37:12

demizer
Website

Hello all, I have updated wine to 1.5.19. You can see the changes here: http://www.winehq.org/news/2012120701

I am working on the netflix-desktop package next. It should be up within a day or two.

@miguecosa, "gcc: error trying to exec 'as': execvp: No such file or directory" is a very strange error that I have not seen before. There must be something wrong with your toolchain. A good google search should help.

As far as the key goes, in my experience it seems the key servers are very spotty with up time. I would try another keyserver, or just wait until the keyserver is backup. I have no control over the keyservers.

rafaelddff wrote:

I'm running Arch64 and I'm not totally clear on the whole multilib situation, sorry. I have some of the dependencies installed with the non-32 version, should I install the "-32" one as well?

If you are on arch64, the non-32 package versions are your 64 bit libraries. These will not help with wine, as the wine used on arch64 for Silverlight is 32bit.

Below is a list of the new "optional" dependencies that will be in the next netflix-desktop for arch64. These dependencies are not really optional. Every arch64 user will need to Install the correct package for the graphics device in their system.

Please let me know if it helps, it seems people are having a lot of trouble with the OpenGL drivers, partly due to the incorrect packaging. Sorry about that! The list was taken from the steam package in AUR, as it is a native 32 bit OpenGL binary compatible with arch64.

'lib32-ati-dri: for open source ATI driver users'
    'lib32-catalyst-utils: for AMD Catalyst users'
    'lib32-intel-dri: for open source Intel driver users'
    'lib32-nouveau-dri: for Nouveau users'
    'lib32-nvidia-utils-bumblebee: for NVIDIA + Bumblebee users'
    'lib32-nvidia-utils: for NVIDIA proprietary blob users'

Please note, I have not tested any of this. Thanks!

Last edited by demizer (2012-12-10 09:38:36)

#94 2012-12-10 11:27:58

miguecosa

Hi, I finally could compile it. I don't know what has changed... Now I have to create my netflix account and try it. Thanks a lot.

#95 2012-12-10 17:07:28

Beemer

Hey - I see wine-silverlight has been updated but the compile is failing for me:

gcc -c -I../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap -I. -I../../../wine-1.5.19/include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Wstrict-prototypes -Wtype-limits -Wunused-but-set-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wlogical-op -I/usr/include/freetype2    -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0  -o v4l.o ../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:111:26: error: field ‘pict’ has incomplete type
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:116:23: error: field ‘gb_buffers’ has incomplete type
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c: In function ‘V4l_Prepare’:
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:185:28: error: ‘VIDIOCGMBUF’ undeclared (first use in this function)
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:185:28: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:200:54: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘struct video_mmap’
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:210:17: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct video_mmap’

There's several errors but they are mostly of type 'suchandsuch' undeclared.  Is there a new dependency? (I checked and I have v4l-utils (x86_64 and multilib)).

(FYI - I'm using yaourt to update/install)

Thanks,

Beemer

Last edited by Beemer (2012-12-10 17:07:51)

#96 2012-12-10 17:52:06

demizer
Website

Beemer wrote:

Hey - I see wine-silverlight has been updated but the compile is failing for me:

gcc -c -I../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap -I. -I../../../wine-1.5.19/include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__  -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Wstrict-prototypes -Wtype-limits -Wunused-but-set-parameter -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wlogical-op -I/usr/include/freetype2    -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0  -o v4l.o ../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:111:26: error: field ‘pict’ has incomplete type
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:116:23: error: field ‘gb_buffers’ has incomplete type
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:185:28: error: ‘VIDIOCGMBUF’ undeclared (first use in this function)
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:185:28: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:200:54: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘struct video_mmap’
../../../wine-1.5.19/dlls/qcap/v4l.c:210:17: error: invalid use of undefined type ‘struct video_mmap’

There's several errors but they are mostly of type 'suchandsuch' undeclared.  Is there a new dependency? (I checked and I have v4l-utils (x86_64 and multilib)).

Thanks,

Beemer

I compiled the i686 package in a clean chroot, and didn't have any problems. For the x86_64 package I compiled it on my development server, so with this package I am unsure about missing dependencies, but it compiled fine.

You can install the devtools package an use "extra-x86_64-build" script to build the package in a clean chroot and see if it that helps.

Or you can use the signed repository available at http://demizerone.com/archnetflix

I am still working on setting up building the x86_64 package in a clean chroot. I am trying to setup ccache in the chroot so builds don't take 2 hours to complete. Not sure if this is entirely possible.

Last edited by demizer (2012-12-10 17:55:49)

#97 2012-12-11 17:22:15

Beemer

demizer wrote:
Beemer wrote:

Thanks,

Beemer

I compiled the i686 package in a clean chroot, and didn't have any problems. For the x86_64 package I compiled it on my development server, so with this package I am unsure about missing dependencies, but it compiled fine.

You can install the devtools package an use "extra-x86_64-build" script to build the package in a clean chroot and see if it that helps.

Or you can use the signed repository available at http://demizerone.com/archnetflix

I am still working on setting up building the x86_64 package in a clean chroot. I am trying to setup ccache in the chroot so builds don't take 2 hours to complete. Not sure if this is entirely possible.

Ok - I found the issue.  Some how

/usr/include/linux/videodev.h
/usr/include/linux/videodev2.h

got to be identical files, with both actually being videodev2.h.  The compile was failing when videodev.h had the wrong declarations/etc.

I found /usr/include/libv4l1-videodev.h was actually the file I wanted and symlinked that to /usr/include/linux/videodev.h and the compile worked fine after that.  Very weird - I'm not sure what would have caused the videodev.h to get overwritten with videodev2.h's contents.

Beemer

#98 2012-12-15 03:39:43

wecutourvisions

First, thanks! I know this takes work and I appreciate the time put in.

I'm getting the following error:

As suggested I tried the --noxattr switch and here's the result:

[bonesaw@damaged ~]$ netflix-desktop --noxattr
Unrecognized command-line argument '--noxattr', usage:

netflix-desktop [options]

Options:
	--showdebug	Show Wine debug output.
	--no-xttr	Don't perform extending file attribute checks.
			Warning: Extended file attributes are necessary
			for Netflix Digital Rights Management.
[bonesaw@damaged ~]$ netflix-desktop --no-xttr
Unrecognized command-line argument '--no-xttr', usage:

netflix-desktop [options]

Options:
	--showdebug	Show Wine debug output.
	--no-xttr	Don't perform extending file attribute checks.
			Warning: Extended file attributes are necessary
			for Netflix Digital Rights Management.

#99 2012-12-20 05:10:53

demizer
Website

netflix-desktop has been updated to version 0.4.0. Changes from upstream include:

• Added support for internationalization with gettext.

• Files are no longer forced to redownload with package upgrades.

• Needed files can now automatically be downloaded at runtime with wget.

• Worked around a repainting bug that occurs with some Silverlight websites.

• Added verbose libgl debugging when using the '--show-debug' command line option.

• Added OpenGL driver diagnostics when using the '--show-debug' command line option.

• Added the ability to collect a Wine '+relay' log with the '--relay-log' command line option.

• Changed Firefox configuration to no longer create unnecessary shortcuts.

• Added a custom Firefox plugin to allow closing the window with the mouse.

• Changed Silverlight installation to automatically remove unnecessary shortcuts.

• Changed Silverlight installation to no longer ask to enable DRM or automatic updates.

My notes:

• If you would like to translate the script for other languages, please, by all means.

• netflix-desktop is now compiled for i686 and x86_64.

• To be on the safe side, remove ~/.netflix-desktop before running the updated script.

• Don't forget to install the correct OpenGL libraries for your platform.

demizer

#100 2012-12-20 16:17:10

GourdCaptain

Installed the new version and removed the old ~/.netflix-desktop as advised. Is there any way to set the new version to just run as a standard window instead of a fullscreen app?

Board footer