You are not logged in.

#126 2013-02-12 04:04:03

aarstar

Re: netflix-desktop and wine-silverlight are now in AUR

Not sure if this was mentioned yet. The latest update let me reinstall lib32-nvidia-utils-beta to replace lib32-libgl and still get video, unlike previous versions.

#127 2013-03-01 05:00:27

fivre

Installed via the AUR package. First go-round I had sound, but no video. Tried putting on some debug options but that just seems to have somehow broken sound as well. Deleted the .netflix-desktop directory, but that didn't even restore sound.

Any idea as to where I should look to get anything working?

#128 2013-03-02 07:16:08

vinceb

This is kinda unrelated, but the new Redbox Instant uses Silverlight...anyone try that with this?

#129 2013-03-02 07:47:26

akspecs

vinceb wrote:

This is kinda unrelated, but the new Redbox Instant uses Silverlight...anyone try that with this?

try it I would bet it works on your system if netflix works.  I got another interactive silverlight app working.

#130 2013-03-06 15:10:20

solar

Heya... hmm, I have some issues.. which I might suspect could be a recent update to catalyst or so?

I am on arch linux 64 bit.. have a bunch of lib32 installed , I think any which are listed here as I use wine for some games I finally got to work.. woohoo.. civ 5 for example smile

Anyway... I suspect it is a driver issue with catalyst because silverlight in windows virtual box machines also* is only a black screen until recently.. so something has changed. I did notice a vbox update since, (4.2.8 which I installed in the win 7 box etc)... so it could* have been this.. until that made me come to wine-silverlight/netflix-desktop.

So here I am and have still no video/sound as in the vbox in the netflix thing.

ANyone else on radeon which can confirm this? hmm

I have played around with the scripts so it would be not the full screen ui bla bla, as I don't have a netflix account but am trying to watch TV from scandinavia, where I am currently.

Also... this didn't say much but I get wine errros:

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {f7747266-777d-4f61-a175-dd5adf1e37df} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {f7747266-777d-4f61-a175-dd5adf1e37df} could be created for context 0x1

that's also if I try clicking on netflix try a month, facebook click thing... and nothing happens, so this might be relevant too.

Any one else with these things, shout out! smile

EDIT: Oh, and I suspect the new 13.2 drivers would help as native steam mentioned , sorry you are on an older.. so it might help when they come out. WIll see if I can compile them and give it a try and give feedback.

* Catalyst-test from aur did not help.

Last edited by solar (2013-03-06 15:38:59)

I am hilariously insane. yup. you won't notice though.. I promise...I think.

#131 2013-03-25 01:19:04

cliffordsr

I'm also having problems. Netflix plays, but only shows a solid color with audio. I can still do play/pause and stuff, I guess it's just showing me only one pixel. Wine asked to install silverlight itself (I had already installed it through the package from the AUR, wine-silverlight) so maybe that's part of the problem. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
-Cliff

#132 2013-03-25 01:26:51

Morrad

cliffordsr wrote:

Wine asked to install silverlight itself (I had already installed it through the package from the AUR, wine-silverlight) so maybe that's part of the problem

That is a version of wine with a patch to let it run silverlight.  It doesn't include silverlight itself.

You need to let the the netflix-desktop package install silverlight when it asks you to.  You may need to remove your ~/.netflix-desktop folder so you can be sure it get's set up correctly.

#133 2013-04-01 08:27:07

wolfdogg

i had to manually install "patch" since i didnt have wine installed.  think either wine-silverlight, or more likely just wine should have "patch" listed as a dependency, because wine install failed, see wine PKGBUILD line 155.

it urks me to have to install wine, in fact im only installing it so i can watch netflix, now thats a cluster fuk of a mess. 

thanks anyhow, appreciate the netflix-fix!

edit.
makepkg is still running more than 5 minutes on my laptop.  10,000+ files to run one website.  i guess it was very wishful thinking that i only needed wine-silverlight, without wine. did i make a mistake?  well, i guarantee tomorrow when my wife wakes up she will appreciate finally being able to watch netflix.

Last edited by wolfdogg (2013-04-01 08:40:20)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#134 2013-04-01 17:56:24

felixculpa

wine-silverlight takes forever to compile but it's worth it. The first time I had the packages installed it was a bit laggy/buggy, however it seems to work perfectly fine now even on my 2GB ram netbook.

#135 2013-04-04 07:57:15

wolfdogg

im just getting  black screen as well when netflix plays.  i can hear the movie, but no video.  i checked if i had lib32-libgl, i reinstalled it, i let it reinstall mesa, which was one of the components of that.  no cigar.  im on an hp4250 laptop on this system which has an intel graphx chip.  is there any alternate drivers i might try?

EDIT:
well, spending just a bit more time on it, referencing this link http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/
took me to this link for troubleshooting https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/netflix-desktop , who would have thought, lol,
so installing intel drivers that i apparently wasnt even using did the trick.

pacman -Syyu lib32-intel-dri

im a happy camper now, great work on this

Last edited by wolfdogg (2013-04-04 08:06:54)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#136 2013-04-04 11:59:26

cliffordsr

wolfdogg wrote:

EDIT:
well, spending just a bit more time on it, referencing this link http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/
took me to this link for troubleshooting https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/netflix-desktop , who would have thought, lol,
so installing intel drivers that i apparently wasnt even using did the trick.

pacman -Syyu lib32-intel-dri

im a happy camper now, great work on this

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly for me!
-Cliff

Last edited by cliffordsr (2013-04-04 11:59:55)

#137 2013-04-12 23:26:44

Jodell

Netflix is currently telling me to upgrade silverlight. When I did that it then told that it was not installed. Does any one have any ideas?

#138 2013-04-13 00:28:03

caseyjp1
Website

Jodell wrote:

Netflix is currently telling me to upgrade silverlight. When I did that it then told that it was not installed. Does any one have any ideas?

It's doing the same over here.  The work-around that is working here is to delete the .netflix-desktop folder from your home directory, and restart.  This rebuild and downloads silverlight and then you log in again.  This seems to fix it for awhile, however, it exhibits this issue occasionally AFTER doing this. (As I said... "workaround"....not 'fixed'.)

#139 2013-04-13 02:25:35

Jodell

caseyjp1 wrote:
Jodell wrote:

It's doing the same over here.  The work-around that is working here is to delete the .netflix-desktop folder from your home directory, and restart.  This rebuild and downloads silverlight and then you log in again.  This seems to fix it for awhile, however, it exhibits this issue occasionally AFTER doing this. (As I said... "workaround"....not 'fixed'.)

Yeah, that workaround only works once so it has to be redone every time you want to watch netflix. Not ideal.

#140 2013-04-15 05:48:38

Zifnab

I've had success by deleting the .netflix-desktop folder and them immediately disabling firefox from auto updating. alt-t-o will quickly bring up options window. Go to advanced tab then update tab to turn off auto updates.

Zifnab

#141 2013-04-27 06:33:27

AdamCDunlap

The repo appears to be broken: http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/community gives a 404 error along with http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/community/i686 and http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/community/x86_64

Thanks for all the work you've done though.

#142 2013-05-01 01:52:54

Kalinda

AdamCDunlap wrote:

The repo appears to be broken: http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/community gives a 404 error along with http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/community/i686 and http://demizerone.com/archnetflix/community/x86_64

Thanks for all the work you've done though.

That's because he's stopped maintaining it, sadly. The packages have new maintainers in the AUR, hopefully they'll make a repo, too.

Arch Linux Plasma 5 | AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

#143 2013-05-01 02:23:05

senorsmile

I know he is restructuring the ZFS repo, which I assume means the netflix repo as well.

#144 2013-05-01 02:32:08

progandy

Kalinda wrote:

That's because he's stopped maintaining it, sadly. The packages have new maintainers in the AUR, hopefully they'll make a repo, too.

You could always ask to add wine-silverlight to aurbin.net. You can't add netflix though since it depends on an aur package.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#145 2013-05-29 15:20:31

PreparationH67

Hi guys, I'm getting an error trynig to install the Silverlight binary. When it tries to extract the volume to install it errors out saying "Unable to find a volume for file extraction. Please verify that you have proper premissions" Was only able to figure it out after runing the install commands manually. Any ideas, because I haven't been able to find any mentions of this elsewhere?

#146 2013-06-02 09:02:50

alexdw

I just wanted to say thank you for this. smile

It more or less worked "out of the box" for me. The only extra thing I needed to do was install the sound packages specified in the Wine Wiki page (lib32-alsa-lib, lib32-libpulse, lib32-alsa-oss), probably because I'm using PulseAudio.

As mentioned before in the thread, the video is a little glitchy when first loading but settles down fairly quickly (in under 30 seconds).

Thanks again! smile

#147 2013-07-13 15:21:25

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I just tried this again, and it seems much better than when I first checked it out.  This can now finally replace xp in virtualbox for me.

But there is one issue that I'm wondering if anyone else has seen - I skimmed through the thread here, but didn't see any mention of it.  When watching fullscreen I'll get an intermittent flash of a black rectangle in the upper left corner of the video.  It's roughly 10% of each width/height of the screen (perhaps a bit wider than tall), and it flashes in and out a couple times per second for several seconds to a minute at a time.

It seems minor, but it's quite distracting, my eyes just get drawn to it.  I can speculate that it seems like some sort of wine dialog/popup may be trying to be mapped, but this is just a wild guess.

No other client windows are on screen when this happens.  Anyone have any guesses, or thoughts on gathering info?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#148 2013-07-13 18:54:44

ewaller
Administrator

Trilby wrote:

I just tried this again, and it seems much better than when I first checked it out.  This can now finally replace xp in virtualbox for me....  I can speculate that it seems like some sort of wine dialog/popup may be trying to be mapped, but this is just a wild guess....  Anyone have any guesses, or thoughts on gathering info?

Who are you, and what have you done with Trilby? big_smile
(Running complex things, check.  Not fully aware of everything running, check. Different avatar, check.  Poster != Trilby. Quod Erat Demonstrandum)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#149 2013-07-13 19:17:09

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I may be a minimalist, but I still want my movies.  Netflix-desktop is currently the slightly lesser evil in acheiving that.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#150 2013-07-16 19:52:05

MutantJohn

Okay, I'm getting gcc conflicts and I am not wrecking my precious gcc.

So to install wine-silverslight, I need gcc-multilib as a dependency. For some reason, I don't have it. So if I try to install gcc-multilib, it tells me that gcc-libs-multilib and gcc-libs are in conflict and if I want to remove gcc-libs.

Everything in my body tells me that this is a bad idea.

Is it safe to do? After using Arch for this long, I'm 70% sure it's not.

Edit: I replaced all the gcc with the multilib stuff and 'makepkg' ran fine. However, it's still running. It's been running for like 15 minutes. Wtf at this program? Why is it taking so long? It's compiling different things but holy crap, this is too long. Is it like this for anyone else? I've never had a makepkg take so long before O_o

Last edited by MutantJohn (2013-07-16 20:42:08)

Board footer