You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-19 11:10:01

kelnoky

[solved] No microphone input since switch to systemd

Hey guys,

I often use Teamspeak and mumble and my microphone has always worked fine. However when I recently made the switch to systemd, it seems that alsa has been acting up. On my second boot after I had switched to systemd I didn't have any sound. Wasn't much of a problem, the issue was only that the master channel had been decreased to a volume of 0. That was quickly fixed, but later I wanted to use teamspeak and I didn't have any microphone input. I looked at the capture tab of alsamixer and checked everything there, but it seemed fine. I tried boosting everything, maxing every setting and switching between rear and front mic, nothing helped. I didn't only test with teamspeak but also with arecord like it's suggested in the ALSA wiki article. I can give you a screenshot of my alsamixer settings: http://i.imgur.com/flAP7.png
When I boot into windows, the mic still works fine, so it's not a hardware issue. I am kinda clueless by now, so I hoped to find some help here. smile

Last edited by kelnoky (2012-11-20 13:02:09)

#2 2012-11-20 13:03:10

kelnoky

Re: [solved] No microphone input since switch to systemd

*cough* Alright, I am not a smart man, I will admit that. I needed to actually enable "capture" via space in alsamixer to...well, enable capturin mic input. It works now, but obviously systemd messed with alsa settings a bit.

Board footer