You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-20 13:59:55

trh178

Dahdi Package from AUR - makepkg error

Unfortunately I have no easy way to copy/paste (it is on a different machine...).  This is the exact error:

$ makepkg -s -i
==> Starting build()...
patching file Makefile
Hunk #1 succeeded at 132 (offset 4 lines)
You do not appear to have the sources for the 3.6.3-1-ARCH kernel installed
make: *** [modules] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
   Aborting...
$

So I go to /usr/src/ to see if I DO or DO NOT have the current sources.  I have two subdir there. 

linux-3.6.3-1-ARCH      linux-3.6.6-1-ARCH

All that .3 has under it is a file called 'vmlinux'.  The .6 directory has what I would expect to see under a src directory.  Furthermore, if I do:

$ uname -a
Linux archlap 3.6.3-1-ARCH .... .... ....

This is where I'm stuck.  It seems the laptop (and thus the makepkg script) thinks that I'm still on 3.6.3 instead of 3.6.6?  Fwiw, I also tried a reboot.  I thought that perhaps, since I pretty much leave this on at all times,  I forgot to reboot after a system upgrade once (that happened to include a kernel upgrade).

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

#2 2012-11-20 15:30:56

trh178

Re: Dahdi Package from AUR - makepkg error

I solved my issue.  I tried another system update.

$ pacman -Syu

I noticed in the update it included linux-3.6.6.  After the update, I rebooted.  Now, under /usr/src/ I have only:

linux-3.6.6-1-ARCH

There is no longer two subdirs, with one having a vmlinux file.  The 'uname -a' command reports correctly now too.  I am still not certain what happened, but it appears to be resolved now.  Perhaps this post belonged in the 'newbie thread' instead.  I couldn't figure out how to delete my original post, so I figured at the very least I'd comment on my own post in case someone has the same issue in the future.

Board footer