You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-17 03:53:34

kakabaratruskia

Amsn

Just uploaded amsn 0.8.3 to incoming.
This version includes MSN9 support.
I also builded the traydock in the package, so there's no need to compile it separately, like the earlier version that was on incoming.

And where were all the sportsmen who always pulled you though?
They're all resting down in Cornwall
writing up their memoirs for a paper-back edition
of the Boy Scout Manual.

#2 2004-06-12 16:11:56

ravster
Website

Re: Amsn

PKGBUILD >

#Contributor: Ravi Desai <ravster3@hotmail.com>
pkgname=amsn
pkgver=0.9.2
pkgrel=2
pkgdesc="MSN client written in Tcl/Tk"
url="http://amsn.sourceforge.net"
depends=('tcl' 'tk' 'python' 'imlib' 'perl')
source=(http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/amsn/amsn-0_92.tar.gz)
md5sums=('1a4861b08e469cd86dda8bd19afcde7e')

build() {
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn
  mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
  cd $startdir/src/msn/plugins/traydock
  ./configure
  make || return 1
  mv $startdir/src/msn/* $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn
  chmod 755 $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn/amsn
  ln -s /opt/amsn/amsn $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/amsn
}

Again, the traydock is part of the package. I've also added python, perl and imlib in the dependencies that were returned from namcap.

#3 2004-06-12 19:17:39

KalephOne

Nice, thanks a lot smile

Kaleph
jabber: kaleph@jabber.org

#4 2004-07-02 01:59:51

ravster
Website

Say, could the developers please clean up the amsn packages in incoming? We have 4 amsn packages, while only the 0.9.2-2 is the current one(There was an error I had made with the '/usr/bin/' symlink. It's fixed now in the 2nd release of the version).

Also on the aMSN front, I have contacted the amsn developers, asking about them hosting the ArchLinux package on their website. Seeing as aMSN has not yet been put into our repos, it would be helpful if we found the package right where we would look for the program(at the progs site). Of course, we would keep the PKGBUILDs up-to-date on this thread and maybe even keep the combined tarball(pkg + filelist + PKGBUILD) updated on incoming.

Ravi.

#5 2004-07-02 03:34:48

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Incoming is going to stay a mess until Eric finishes the new package management system.  See http://www.archlinux.org/docs/en/guide/ … vland.html for more information.

It won't work well to have the packages hosted on the aMSN site, as they will quickly become out of date with the rest of the system. If it isn't, see if one of the trusted users will host it, or if it isn't that popular, you'll have to stick with building it yourself.

Dusty

#6 2004-07-02 13:46:00

ravster
Website

That's not a problem at all.
The aMSN devs seem to be alright with me being the ArchLinux package maintainer. So the package will be kept up-to-date even on their site, upto the time if/when amsn gets into our repos. At which time we would not need them to host the packages, of course.

They haven't given me the instructions as yet, but I'm hoping it would be in the next few days.

#7 2004-07-03 00:28:28

iotc247
Website

Is there an addon for amsn to make it minimize where kopete minimizes to.. You know where its just the icon.. Right by the clock.. In windows its called system tray.. I dont know the name for kde if it differnt so is there?

#8 2004-07-04 16:10:45

ravster
Website

I believe that is what the traydock is compiled for. Just click on tools -> Docking and select whichever option is applicable to you. I'm not too sure about this feature since I use IceWM and neither KDE nor GNOME. Maybe someone who uses this feature could post a reply to this?

#9 2004-08-28 16:44:30

ravster
Website

PKGBUILD -->

pkgname=amsn
pkgver=0.9.3
pkgrel=1
depends=(tk libjpeg libtiff libpng perl python imlib)
source=(http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/amsn/amsn-0_93.tar.gz)
md5sums=('dffc4bbd38f4fa63df481b89f7c89e7d')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/amsn-0_93/plugins/traydock
  ./configure
  make || return 1
  mv $startdir/src/amsn-0_93/* $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn
  ln -s $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn/amsn $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
}

I've got the write permissions on the amsn sourceforge site. The PKGBUILD can be found through their summary page, and for those who do not wish to compile the package, the archlinux package is also on their site.

#10 2004-08-29 21:43:17

Cobra

Isn't this one going to be put in staging or another repository?

#11 2004-08-29 22:58:19

oscar

Cobra wrote:

Isn't this one going to be put in staging or another repository?

read the earlier posts - you can download the latest versions from the amsn homepage.

To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password.

#12 2005-03-01 20:04:27

alexmat

Updated v0.94 PKGBUILD:

pkgname=amsn
pkgver=0.9.4
pkgrel=1
depends=(tk libjpeg libtiff libpng perl python imlib)
source=(http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/$pkgname/amsn-0_94.tar.gz)
md5sums=('7b7db9225342bb6c59b873ec90882e22')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/amsn-0_94/plugins/traydock
  ./configure
  make || return 1
  mv $startdir/src/amsn-0_94/* $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn
  ln -s $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn/amsn $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
}

#13 2005-03-01 23:50:54

darkcoder

I made some changes to the PKGBUILD
1. Since it requires tls for ssl encryption login, I made a tls package.
2.  Also add an icon on the Internet menu using one of the png's included on aMSN (no additional file needed).

Put first two files on /var/abs/local/tls and the last two on your /var/abs/local/amsn.

1. tls PKGBUILD

#Contributor: Mario Vazquez <mario_vazq@hotmail.com>
pkgname=tls
pkgver=1.5.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="OpenSSL extension to Tcl"
url="http://tls.sourceforge.net/"
license=""
depends=('tcl' 'openssl' 'mawk')
makedepends=()
conflicts=()
replaces=()
backup=()
install=
source=(http://dl.sourceforge.net/$pkgname/$pkgname$pkgver-src.tar.gz 
  tls.patch)
md5sums=('9eeab472475773b3810acc808ebec759' 'df261f07692767d05f4d27760fa44d92')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/tls1.5
  #fix install paths
  patch -p0 -i ../tls.patch || return 1

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-ssl-dir=/usr
  make || return 1
  make test | awk '{print}/FAILED/{F=1}END{if(F)exit 1}'
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

2. tls.patch

3. amsn PKGBUILD

pkgname=amsn
pkgver=0.94
pkgrel=1
depends=(tk libjpeg libtiff libpng perl python imlib tls)
source=(http://dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/amsn/amsn-0_94.tar.gz)
install=
md5sums=('7b7db9225342bb6c59b873ec90882e22')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/amsn-0_94/plugins/traydock
  ./configure
  make || return 1
  mv $startdir/src/amsn-0_94/* $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn

# install icon & symlink
  install -m755 -dD $startdir/pkg/usr/share/applications
  install -m644  $startdir/amsn.desktop $startdir/pkg/usr/share/applications/
  cd $startdir/pkg && ln -sf /opt/amsn/amsn usr/bin/
}

4. amsn.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=amsn
Icon=/opt/amsn/icons/48x48/msn.png
Type=Application
Terminal=false
MultipleArgs=false
Name=aMSN Messenger
MimeType=text/html
StartupNotify=true
Categories=Application;Network;

My amsn pkgbuild was based on the one available on amsn site, so that´s why I left the original contributor, but remove the external link install file, and place it in the pkgbuild.

#14 2005-03-04 20:28:19

ravster
Website

@alexmat: Thanks for posting an updated PKGBUILD. I'd completely forgotten to post the new PKGBUILD here on the forums.

@darkcoder:
I would like to understand more about the tls pkgbuild you posted; what is the patch for, basically?(I've never known a lot about bash and stuff, i just use the programs  smile )
Is this patch to make the program work correctly with arch as a whole, or just to help amsn?

Also, I"m not at all knowledgable about the amsn.desktop file, thanks for setting that up(I use IceWM, so I don't think i would know if it works in any case)

Thanks for the 'install' command, this one I'm sure I'll be able to pick up sooner or later(typing 'man install' now  tongue )

Do we have to make the link to /opt/amsn/amsn from /usr/bin?
'ln -s /opt/amsn/amsn $startdir/pkg/usr/bin' seems to work well enough.
(This is the newer one. I did this after uploading the package on the amsn site. This too needs to be changed, but I think I'll wait a little more. See below)
[The link to $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn/amsn used to make a link to '/home/ravi/builds/amsn/../../..' :oops:, basically to whomever would make the pkg.tar.gz file, which would make the link in '/usr/bin' useless unless you were using my home directory lol ]
I'd rather keep things in the '$startdir/pkg/' tree, if it works well enough.
What do you think about this?

With these improvements to the PKGBUILD, I would like to update the amsn package to the second release. Regarding this, we would either have to find some way of distributing the tls package or removing the 'tls' dependency from amsn. One of us(preferably you, darkcoder) should approach the tls devs about adding this archlinux package to their site. I could also ask one of the TUs to host the package on the arch servers. If this is not possible, we will have to remove the tls dependency and keep the thing working as it is, since amsn handles tls well enough by itself. (this is why I wish to know if the patch works with arch as a whole or not; if it does, only then should we make a package).

Again, thanks for the re-awakening of this thread, and the input on the PKGBUILD. Since this could make some serious improvements in the package, please provide some feedback on the tls and the 'amsn.desktop' file so that I may submit the completed package on sourceforge.

Thanks,
ravster.

#15 2005-03-05 01:24:29

darkcoder

1. The patch for tls allows you to build the package without touching your system, otherwise, it will try to install files on your system instead to pkg directory.  For functionallity, I haven't any other program right now that use TLS, but when installed Amsn do not display the tls missing when logging to your session, and since it is installed on /usr, I think any program will see it without problems.

2. I do not use IceWM, but at least KDE and Gnome use the file.desktop for Icon placement, so both DE will have an icon on the Internet menu.

3.  The symlink is done as part of the pkgbuild.  That's why I removed the install file.

#16 2005-03-05 01:26:08

darkcoder

The best would be to have both programs on arch repos (extra, a TUR? )

#17 2005-03-09 02:38:36

ravster
Website

True, that would be a nice thing.:)
I sent an email to the TU mailing list, but noone seemed to be interested in the program(s) as yet. Therefore we continue as earlier, but we keep the tls working as it is right now. I don't think users would care to install a seperate tls package just to use amsn(there is no other use for tls so far, it seems).
I greatly appreciate your contribution to the PKGBUILD, and this PKGBUILD shall be the basis for the new amsn package on the sourceforge servers.
Thanks again(especially for the desktop file),
ravster.

PS: Thanks for the tls package, I went to their site earlier, but I never managed to figure out how to install it. :oops:  roll

#18 2005-06-01 12:39:23

ravster
Website

Hello people,
Darkcoder has posted the 'tls' package on the aur. Click  here for the tls PKGBUILD and the patch file, or see page 1 in this thread. Using the tls package basically means that you can use amsn on the same computer by different users without having amsn download tls onto each and every users home directory.
Again, this is not necessary, but if you have many people using amsn on the same computer, and you don't want a tls source dir in each person's '~/amsn_received/' folder, then you may find this a better option.

#19 2006-01-08 20:36:27

kozaki
Website

I've been using amsn 0.95 as well as latest amsn-cvs (20051224) with pleasure. That's until I try to make it use my webcam.

The webcam is spca5xx supported, & I can see my face :shock: in amsn webcam configuration tool (webcam led is workin then).
The problem is that as soon as I close amsn webcam config tool, same goes for my webcam.

When i launch amsn from command line & open that webcam tool, here's the output :

$ amsn &
[1] 3035
[kozaki@llewellyn ~]$ dlsym[./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv0-v4l2.so]: ./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv0-v4l2.so: undefined symbol: _ng_plugin_init
dlsym[./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv1-v4l.so]: ./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv1-v4l.so: undefined symbol: _ng_plugin_init
WARNING: no plugins found [/home/dibble/AUR/community/x11/amsn/src/amsn-0.95]

Hey, what's that /home/dibble/... doing here ?

Second (or is it linked) problem is NAT configuration.
I've configured my gateway to NAT/forward UDP 5060,7078,6890:6900,9078 , following AMSN Wiki : Webcam In aMSN & AMSN Wiki : Installing Plugins and Skins. Still, opening the webcam config tool says :

You're behind a firewall or a routeur

Well, i'd like to see / be seen by my girlfriend who's workin hard 250 km from here (she learns how to cook French bread  wink )

Seeded last month: Arch 50 gig, derivatives 1 gig
Desktop @3.3GHz 8 gig RAM, linux-ck
laptop #1 Atom 2 gig RAM, Arch linux stock i686 (6H w/ 6yrs old battery smile) #2: ARM Tegra K1, 4 gig RAM, ChrOS
Atom Z520 2 gig RAM, OMV (Debian 7) kernel 3.16 bpo on SDHC | PGP Key: 0xFF0157D9

#20 2006-01-08 22:36:07

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

kozaki wrote:

When i launch amsn from command line & open that webcam tool, here's the output :

$ amsn &
[1] 3035
[kozaki@llewellyn ~]$ dlsym[./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv0-v4l2.so]: ./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv0-v4l2.so: undefined symbol: _ng_plugin_init
dlsym[./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv1-v4l.so]: ./utils/linux/capture/libng/plugins/drv1-v4l.so: undefined symbol: _ng_plugin_init
WARNING: no plugins found [/home/dibble/AUR/community/x11/amsn/src/amsn-0.95]

Hey, what's that /home/dibble/... doing here ?

Probably a packaging error. I assume that it's dibble who made that package.  Better contact him about that.

#21 2006-01-09 11:47:02

kozaki
Website

snowman > done.

laptop #1 Atom 2 gig RAM, Arch linux stock i686 (6H w/ 6yrs old battery smile) #2: ARM Tegra K1, 4 gig RAM, ChrOS
Atom Z520 2 gig RAM, OMV (Debian 7) kernel 3.16 bpo on SDHC | PGP Key: 0xFF0157D9

#22 2006-01-09 12:18:44

kozaki
Website

Also noticed that ravster said before:

ravster wrote:

(This is the newer one. I did this after uploading the package on the amsn site. This too needs to be changed, but I think I'll wait a little more. See below)
[The link to $startdir/pkg/opt/amsn/amsn used to make a link to '/home/ravi/builds/amsn/../../..' :oops:, basically to whomever would make the pkg.tar.gz file, which would make the link in '/usr/bin' useless unless you were using my home directory lol ]

#23 2006-01-09 17:41:52

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

kozaki wrote:

Also noticed that ravster said before:

ravster wrote:

Not sure if it's a question... But ravster  is right:

ln -s /opt/amsn/amsn $startdir/pkg/usr/bin

is the correct way to do the symlink.

#24 2006-01-10 11:03:02

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

That symlink doesn't even exist in the pkg now.  Aside from that...the poor path information created in the amsn is entirely due to upstream crapness, this is the first release I have pkg'ed that even had an approaching "proper" install method.  Go and bug them for proper DESTDIR support in their Makefile - i was going to but I can't be bothered.

Aside from that...sorry about the path problems, I'm not in a position to fix it so maybe snowman could take a look?

#25 2006-01-10 15:32:20

kozaki
Website

dibble > Thank you for answering this issue in a clear way (read: that is well understandable to me wink )

Sorry I'haven't got programmer skills that i could have relied on to know who to bug first (Makefile or PKGBUILD issue).

I'll go ask them @ amsn then.

Board footer