You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-24 03:28:16

Ethilien
Website

firefox and DPI problems

I've been attempting to get xorg up and running, and in general it works ok, but in firefox, opera, and epiphany, all of my webpages tend to make the fonts to large. I think from reading other posts that the dpi is wrong...

However I can't seem to get the fonts to shrink. I've tried setting a DisplaySize, changing the dpi in local.conf, but nothing seems to change it sad

See if the menu doesn't look right on this website:
www.ethilien.net/new_site

I'll see if I can figure out how to post a screenshot later, but the way it is supposed to look is the menu is supposed to be one block with text inside it and only vertical lines on either side of each link. But right now the box for each link extends beyond the edge of the menu bar.

I'm also getting weird graphical glitches like the animated gifs for the smilies in this post box are moving back and forth and getting all distorted.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening, I'd really be grateful smile

-Connor McKay

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" - Jim Elliot

#2 2005-09-24 18:33:32

Gullible Jones

Re: firefox and DPI problems

Are you using bitmap fonts (e.g. Snap) as your GTK fonts?

#3 2005-09-25 20:18:47

Ethilien
Website

Re: firefox and DPI problems

How would I check if I am?

I don't know if I'll have the same problem anymore though, since I gave up on gnome and reinstalled arch to try kde...

Do you know how you run kdm on bootup?

-Connor McKay

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" - Jim Elliot

#4 2005-09-25 20:20:42

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Board footer