You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-29 00:58:21

trollger

Clanlib can not find clanGL after update

Hi all. I have also posted this on the Clanlib forums but I figured it could be a pkg-config or openGL issue as well as a Clanlib issue.

So I updated my system about a week ago and after the update the Compile.sh script I wrote for my project no longer works. Here is my script and the error it generates

SCRIPT:
#!/bin/bash
clear
## Just in case the script is being called from another directory
cd /home/josh/Programming/SpaceStrat/

g++ \
./Source/Gui.cpp \
./Source/App.cpp \
./Source/Main.cpp \
## Other cpp files here
-ansi -Wall -o ./Bin/Main.run  `pkg-config --cflags --libs clanCore-2.3 clanDisplay-2.3 clanGL-2.3 clanApp-2.3 clanGUI-2.3` -lpthread

ERROR:
Package clanGL-2.3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `clanGL-2.3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'clanGL-2.3' found
In file included from ./Source/Gui.cpp:1:0:
./Source/../Include/Clanlib.hpp:3:49: fatal error: /usr/include/ClanLib-2.3/ClanLib/gl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from ./Source/App.cpp:1:0:
./Source/../Include/Clanlib.hpp:3:49: fatal error: /usr/include/ClanLib-2.3/ClanLib/gl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from ./Source/Main.cpp:4:0:
compilation terminated.
In file included from ./Source/Unit.cpp:1:0:
compilation terminated.

The weird thing is that all the other clan(whatever) files still work its just clanGL that doesnt work. If I try to compile without ClanGL (obviously it does not compile) it does not complain about not being able to find the other files. Um. I think I have provided all the informtion needed. Please help out if you can, thanks.

#2 2012-11-29 16:09:22

drcouzelis
Website

Re: Clanlib can not find clanGL after update

I looked a lot into this issue. It looks very strange. I think it's an Arch Linux bug, and not a clanlib bug.

On 2012-11-07 a new package, clanlib-2.6.3-3, was released, and since then the "clanGL-2.3.pc" isn't included anymore (which is causing your pkg-config problem).

It's strange because the clanlib-2.6.3-3 package changed (wait for it...) nothing. tongue There hasn't been a new release of clanlib since 2012-03-26.

So, in my opinion, you should post a bug on the Arch Linux bug tracker and, until it's fixed, just "downgrade" to clanlib-2.6.3-2.

#3 2012-11-29 17:13:02

trollger

OK, I just downlgraded and it compiles fine again.

I will post this as a bug as you suggested.

thank you.

#4 2012-12-05 10:12:55

Svenstaro
Administrator

I fixed it in the package. Next time please just report the bug.

Board footer