You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-25 05:22:24

omgpro

gensplash not working on second terminal

wasn't quite sure where to post this, but i was fooling around with gensplash a little, and installed everything, set up the default theme by copying and pasting from the wiki, and i got it to work. the problem is, for some random reason, the second terminal doesn't. alt+1, alt+3, alt+4, etc. all show the theme, but alt+2 just shows a normal login prompt with a black background (it's still 1024x768 though).  anyone have any ideas?  i added the parameters to grub's menu.lst file, and i also load the gensplash daemon on boot, if that's any help.

Edit:apparently, when i switch to a terminal from X, that terminals theme will get shut off or something.  now 2,3, and 4 are shut off. vc/1 still works either way though. i want to say it's the daemon, but i don't have much of an idea other than that.

#2 2005-09-25 07:05:59

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: gensplash not working on second terminal

fbsplash is quite buggy.  From what you have said it is working as well as it should, it's not your error or an error in the app, that's just they way it is.  Sorry.  There is probably some work around but no-one has ever been bothered to check it out smile

#3 2005-09-25 14:33:44

omgpro

Re: gensplash not working on second terminal

ok, thanks. that's kind of dissipointing but it's no big deal or anything. it's more hardcore to use a plain old black and white terminal anyways 8)

Board footer