You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-24 10:42:18

norwegerr

Can't mount Archlinux NFS-Server via Win 7

Dear Forum,

first of all: I'm neither a native english speaker nor do i have any experience in the field of linux etc.
Therefore please excuse typing errors and unclear sentences. I read a lot of manpages and webforums but can't get the solution to my problem.

I bought a pogoplug classic (Version E-02) to use it as a linux-based webserver. I installed Arch Linux, updated all the packages and tried to get NFS to work (i followed these steps: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NFS )

My desktop machine runs a win 7 x64 and i connect to my pogoplug via putty/ssh.

Shortcut to my problem:
I can't connect to my NFS server, everytime i try do so, i just get a page that looks like kind of a small manpage for the syntax of the "mount" command. Is my syntax wrong or did i miss something essential?

What i did in particular:

- Installed nfs-utils via pacman
- idmapd.conf:

[General]

Verbosity = 1
Pipefs-Directory = /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs
Domain = localdomain

[Mapping]

Nobody-User = nobody
Nobody-Group = nobody

- /etc/exports

/srv/nfs4/ *(rw,fsid=0,no_subtree_check)
/srv/nfs4/tausch *(rw,no_subtree_check,async,insecure,nohide)

I also created /mnt/tausch/

- /etc/fstab/

/mnt/tausch /srv/nfs4/tausch none bind 0 0

- "showmount -e alarm" gives me this:

/srv/nfs4/tausch *
/srv/nfs4        *

I can get this message via cmd.exe from my windows machine - does this mean, my nfs server is running correctly?

- Activated NFS client in win 7
- After the succesfull "showmount" i did this:

mount -t nfs4 -o alarm:/mnt/tausch /srv/nfs4/tausch

Thats where i am right now. Any hint would be appreciated!

Merry christmas to all of you,
greetings,
nick

#2 2012-12-24 13:25:44

nomorewindows

Re: Can't mount Archlinux NFS-Server via Win 7

As far as I know you have to have a NFS connector on the Win7 machine for it to use NFS.  It is not a native function of Windows to have NFS.
I think you are mounting /mnt/tausch from host alarm and mounting it to your /srv/nfs4/tausch on another machine (win7?).
It otherwise looks like you are mounting /mnt/tausch to /srv/nfs4/tausch on your ArchLinux machine, and then trying to export it from double mounting to the win7 machine.  I don't know why you wouldn't just use the export from alarm and mount it to your win7 machine.  Mounting an export from another machine and then exporting that to another machine, unless you transpose it will not show the other export.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

Board footer