You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-01 13:22:42

stonecrest

Staying up-to-date

I realize AUR is still young, but I honestly feel like I must be missing something because I haven't seen this brought up on the forum, it's not in the bug tracker, etc. Maybe I just don't see how to do it and it's there, but is there a way to keep yourself up-to-date with AUR without having to check the AUR every couple of days for every package you've built or constantly look at the list of new/updated packages?

This seems like a fundamental need. Maybe it'd be as easy to implement as just adding a "watch" to a package rather than needing to build this into pacman (which I do hope happens at some point), but this needs to be done if for only security reasons. And for ease of use for the user. I only have a few packages that I peruse for updates but I feel for people who have many more than I..

I am a gated community.

#2 2005-10-01 18:39:34

mpie

Re: Staying up-to-date

there are rss feeds..

#3 2005-10-01 21:32:27

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

You can also use the Notify feature for packages you own/use.  That way, you'll receive an email notification when someone post a comment for these packages. Several PKGBUILD maintainers post a comment when they upgrade a package.

#4 2005-10-01 22:57:13

stonecrest

Snowman wrote:

You can also use the Notify feature for packages you own/use.  That way, you'll receive an email notification when someone post a comment for these packages. Several PKGBUILD maintainers post a comment when they upgrade a package.

I guess that's as good as it gets right now, thanks Snowman. Although I must be blind because I don't see any Notify option, I'm logged in too. The only choices I see are flag, unflag, adopt, disown, delete, vote, and unvote..?

I am a gated community.

#5 2005-10-01 23:15:20

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

You need to go to each package "page" and click on the Notify button.

#6 2005-10-01 23:20:05

stonecrest

Snowman wrote:

You need to go to each package "page" and click on the Notify button.

Ahh, there it is.. I had even looked on that page, it sure is buried in there..

Thanks bud.

I am a gated community.

#7 2006-03-17 12:25:55

evdvelde

Another option of course is installing aurbuild and running aurbuild -su now and again...

#8 2006-03-17 18:16:19

_Gandalf_

Snowman wrote:

Several PKGBUILD maintainers post a comment when they upgrade a package.

It's not serval maintainers Snowman, it's a must, actually AUR does not allow upgrading without posting, even if some maintainers delete the post after submitting, the email is already in queue... I actualy use this way to every package i use or I transfer it to my Repo... a fine solution but it should be seperated...

#9 2006-03-17 23:24:01

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

_Gandalf_ wrote:
Snowman wrote:

It's not serval maintainers Snowman, it's a must, actually AUR does not allow upgrading without posting

This is an old thread. I think the time when Snowman posted that it wasn't manditory to leave a comment as it is now.

#10 2006-03-18 01:49:10

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Penguin wrote:
_Gandalf_ wrote:
Snowman wrote:

It's not serval maintainers Snowman, it's a must, actually AUR does not allow upgrading without posting

This is an old thread. I think the time when Snowman posted that it wasn't manditory to leave a comment as it is now.

Actually, I don't remember if comments where mandatory or not at that time.  Anyway, the important thing is that you get a notification. wink

Board footer