You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-27 02:35:40

gm112

[solved]unable to get local issuer certificate" on HTTPS connections

Anyone having the issue with yaourt being ridiculously slow? Because pacman seems to resolve packages quite fast, but then yaourt just takes its time.

EDIT: So basically, I've narrowed down the problem to something with SSL itself. I have ca-certificates installed and re-installed it, but still no avail when running

openssl s_client -connect aur.archlinux.org:443

I get the following before the handshake actually happens.

verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0

Hmmm.

EDIT #2: Fixed. Check https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 8#p1221338 for fix.

Last edited by gm112 (2013-01-22 21:58:17)

#2 2012-12-27 07:49:43

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved]unable to get local issuer certificate" on HTTPS connections

gm112 wrote:

Anyone having the issue with yaourt being ridiculously slow? Because pacman seems to resolve packages quite fast, but then yaourt just takes its time.

And that probably has nothing to do with the fact that yaourt must search the AUR? I'm not sure what sort of comparison you're doing here.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-12-27 08:17:01

Awebb

I just installed yaourt, it is neither faster nor slower compared to other helpers (if we don't talk about fractions of seconds). Must be a problem on your end.

#4 2012-12-27 18:28:35

gm112

Awebb wrote:

I just installed yaourt, it is neither faster nor slower compared to other helpers (if we don't talk about fractions of seconds). Must be a problem on your end.

Maybe. Thanks for testing, I'll investigate what particular problem is affecting my end.

@ngoonee: Its honestly, everything. Searching, downloading, well.. not installing. It installs just fine.

It is just odd considering Pacman seemed to run just fine and yet, the AUR/yaourt seems a tad bit slow. I'm being very vague here because I myself don't really understand what the problem really is other than yaourt really functioning noticeably slower than what it should. If I find a fix, I'll repost here so if others run into the same problem I can provide help. Thanks for responding. smile

#5 2013-01-22 21:23:17

gm112

Bump.

Ok, so I am still having slow issues with yaourt. But I found out that its really not related to yaourt per-say. The issue is something with SSL in general. On Windows, https://aur.archlinux.org (or any https site for that matter) loads right up. But then on Arch, I have problems getting https to resolve on everything but Firefox. Dig is showing me that the hostname is resolving rather quickly, around 30-35ms~.. that's normal. I changed my DNS to OpenDNS and Google's DNS just to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. Its definitely on my end and its weird because I did not touch anything related to OpenSSL.

Its also interesting that nobody else is having this issue. The weird part is that only Konqueror times out, but wget/curl/yaourt all resolve eventually and a transfer does happen. It just takes forever for anything to happen. gah. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should potentially look at? I got stumped when the DNS checked out fine. And the fact that Firefox resolves HTTPS connections fast/easy on Arch boggles my mind. Do they have their own implementation of SSL?

#6 2013-01-22 21:47:10

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Perhaps it would be pertinent to update OP and thread title to reflect the actual issue now that you know it is unrelated to yaourt (as many of our community members are unlikely to be enticed to help given your current title)?

On a related note, you should read the Forum Etiquette. Specifically, the sub-section regarding bumps.

Now, to your issue, does dmesg or any other logging tool shed any light on what is taking so long if not the hostname resolution?

All the best,

-HG

#7 2013-01-22 21:53:14

gm112

Good idea. And I apologize for the vagueness of the post. Anyways, I updated the first post with the latest and greatest info I have on this issue.

EDIT: Fixed it. Seems disabling IPv6 fixed the issue. Here's what I did:

/etc/dhcpcd.conf

noipv6rs

/etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1

Last edited by gm112 (2013-01-22 21:57:30)

Board footer