You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-27 10:48:52

lpy

[SOLVED]ASUS F83Se laptop can not shut down after changed into systemd

Hi everyone

Recently I changed my archlinux into systemd, everything worked fine except poweroff.

I could not poweroff when I used command line like "sudo halt". But when I clicked the Gnome poweroff button, it could poweroff normally.
I tried to search Google and forums but found nothing useful for my problems. I tried to load some ACPI modules but none worked.

My laptop is an old ASUS F83Se laptop, and the CPU is Intel Duo Core 2 T6400, the mainboard is SiS.

Could someone help me or point me out a direction to solve my problem?

Thankyou very much.

Last edited by lpy (2012-12-27 12:05:59)

#2 2012-12-27 11:42:07

Gusar

Re: [SOLVED]ASUS F83Se laptop can not shut down after changed into systemd

You told your system to halt. That's what it did. If you want the system to power off, tell it do to that.

PS. Why do so many people use halt to do something that's not halting? Where does this come from? (If I had to guess, I'd say Ubuntu.)

#3 2012-12-27 11:59:11

lpy

Hi

Sorry for my poor English and description.

I tried command "shutdown", too. But it did not work. My laptop just got suck, and the message I saw was "system is halted", but the power was still on.

Anyway, thankyou very much.

Gusar wrote:

You told your system to halt. That's what it did. If you want the system to power off, tell it do to that.

PS. Why do so many people use halt to do something that's not halting? Where does this come from? (If I had to guess, I'd say Ubuntu.)

#4 2012-12-27 12:04:38

lpy

Hi everyone.

I tried "sudo systemctl poweroff", and it worked.

Thankyou very much.

Gusar wrote:

Board footer