You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-27 11:01:48

nasosnik

[SOLVED] Genfstab adds stripe to partitions

I am doing a fresh install of Arch on a Dell Latitude 6420. I noticed that genfstab generates /etc/fstab with option stripe=4 at every partition.
I also noticed that upon filesystem creation with mkfs.ext4, the stripe=4 is also present at terminal output.
Since I do not have any kind of RAID setup how is that possible? At laptop bios the sata controller is set to AHCI mode and the disk was dd'ed before installation.

Last edited by nasosnik (2012-12-30 19:03:30)

#2 2012-12-29 17:40:12

teateawhy
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Genfstab adds stripe to partitions

I do not know the answer to your question, but you can maybe find it on your own by reading the source. ''Genfstab'' is a bash script, that is part of the ''arch-install-scripts'' package.
arch-install-scripts /usr/bin/genfstab

#3 2012-12-29 17:45:18

falconindy
Developer
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Genfstab adds stripe to partitions

nasosnik wrote:

I am doing a fresh install of Arch on a Dell Latitude 6420. I noticed that genfstab generates /etc/fstab with option stripe=4 at every partition.
I also noticed that upon filesystem creation with mkfs.ext4, the stripe=4 is also present at terminal output.
Since I do not have any kind of RAID setup how is that possible? At laptop bios the sata controller is set to AHCI mode and the disk was dd'ed before installation.

stripe is a valid ext4 option which has nothing to do with RAID.

genfstab goes by what findmnt (and therefore, /proc/self/mountinfo) shows.

Board footer