You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-29 10:35:26

Cygnet_Committee

[SOLVED] custom kernel and /etc/grub.d/40_custom file

#EDITED# (now I know why nobody answered my question lol!)

Ok, so now I realize that running grub-mkconfig will auto-magically add the new vmlinuz-linux-grsec, and the new initramfs-linux-grsec.img, as well as the new initramfs-linux-grsec-fallback.img to the /boot/grub/grub.cfg with all of the same settings that I was already using from the /etc/default/grub file command lines (for LVM on LUKS, and other settings like apparmor or no ipv6)

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

The funny thing is that I was all worried about correctly adding the new kernel entires to the "/etc/grub.d/40_custom" file, so I hadn't actually ran the grub-mkconfig command yet.

It wasn't until I went ahead and added my own entries into that file and ran the grub-mkconfig command that I realized that I now had 8 entries on my grub list (4 that I added in the 40_custom file and 4 that grub-mkconfig had added for both my stock kernel and my new patched kernel).

Now if I can only figure out how to get grsec past KDM/kwin crashing... I'm thinking maybe start x with ~/.xinitrc instead of KDM, and maybe add an automatic login?

Last edited by Cygnet_Committee (2012-12-30 05:12:30)

Board footer