You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-02 02:31:11

danes

[request] Wyneken

Can someone make the PKGBUILD for this gnome latex editor?

Wyneken's home page

#2 2006-01-05 08:18:20

mrvw0169

Re: [request] Wyneken

Yeah, been meaning to try this out but no PKGBUILD... It looks awesome... Maybe someone can write the necessary PKGBUILDs soon?

Anyway, I'm going to take a look and see if I can write up one myself since school is starting soon - if I manage to do it, I'll post them (man, that dependency page is scaring me on the site - most of them aren't in the repo/AUR)...

#3 2006-01-05 11:46:49

tomk
Forum Fellow

Look again - I can see all but two in either the official repos or the AUR. The missing ones are hevea and latex-beamer. I'll start having a look at those.

#4 2006-01-05 12:37:12

tomk
Forum Fellow

Here's hevea:

# Contributor: Tom K <tomk@runbox.com>

pkgname=hevea
pkgver=1.08
pkgrel=1        
pkgdesc="a quite complete and fast LATEX to HTML translator."
depends=('ocaml')
source=(http://pauillac.inria.fr/~maranget/$pkgname/distri/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('073c92c9408a9679a397ce65a076c796')
url="http://pauillac.inria.fr/~maranget/hevea/"

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver

sed -i 's:usr/local:usr:' Makefile

make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

Builds fine for me here, but as I know nothing about anything to do with latex, it would probably be better if someone else tested it. Also the following README excerpt should probably be echoed at install time:

HEVEA is fully functional when other software are installed
     * A modern LaTeX installation including dvips.
     * The ghostcript Postcript interpreter.
     * the netpbm image processing package.

All are available via pacman, but they are optional and hevea runs without them.

#5 2006-01-06 15:05:20

mrvw0169

EDIT: This has been submitted to AUR so check there for latest versions!, Along with hevea dependency...

D'oh, yeah only latex-beamer and hevea were missing... Thanks for the hevea post... I searched repos stupidly (and turns out pysqlite = python-pysqlite...)...

This is an awesome note-taking tool for class (no more using tomboy for me lol)...

These are my first PKGBUILDs so, tell me if I got something wrong (it looks... too simple?)...

EDIT: broke up latex-beamer into 3 packages and cleaned up the other PKGBUILDS

EDIT!: No more latex-beamer dependency, as browsing around in FreshPorts alerted me that latex-beamer and co. (xcolor, pgf) are already in tetex!

Here are PKGBUILDs and their .install files...

wyneken:

# Contributor: Brian Nguyen <bhnguyen@gmail.com>

pkgname=wyneken
pkgver=0.4_beta5
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Content-oriented text processor built on LaTeX"
url="http://wyneken.sourceforge.net"
license=""
depends=('gnome-python' 'python-pysqlite' 'hevea' 'latex2rtf' 'sword' 'aspell')
install=wyneken.install
source=(http://dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/$pkgname/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.bz2)
#source=(http://www.99b.org/$pkgname/$pkgname-snapshot.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('1c4f7330d13ad72758b4966c9aee8843')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  cp -R usr $startdir/pkg
}

wyneken.install:

post_install() {
  rm /usr/share/gwyneken/ -rf 
  wyn --auto-config
}

post_upgrade() {
  post_install $1
}

op=$1
shift

$op $*

I haven't tested it out completely, but seems working except for hitting Help>User's Manual/Doc (these PDF files are in test/doc/wyneken of the archive, not in usr/ so didn't copy it - I just copied it to ~/ for reference instead of copying it with the PKGBUILD...)...

EDIT: makepkg will strip documentation, but they are quite necessary to get started in wyneken...

and hevea from tomk's post above with hevea.install if you want (install=hevea.install in PKGBUILD):

post_install() {
  echo "HEVEA is fully functional when other software are installed:"
  echo "* A modern LaTeX installation including dvips."
  echo "* The ghostscript PostScript interpreter."
  echo "* The netpbm image processing package."
  echo "However, these are optional and hevea runs without them."
}

post_upgrade() {
  post_install $1
}

op=$1
shift
$op $*

Dang, too many edits   smile

#6 2006-01-06 18:28:40

tomk
Forum Fellow

Here's a few comments.

wyneken:
- latex2rtf and latex-beamer both depend on tetex, so you can remove tetex from depends.
- the rm commands in wyneken.install are usually done in the PKGBUILD.
- don't specify a particular sourceforge mirror - just use http://dl.sourceforge.net/etc.

latex-beamer:
- separate packages for pgf and xcolor would be better, to allow for them being used separately if required.
- assuming that's done, beamer depends on pgf, which depends on xcolor, which depends on tetex.
- there's a newer version (2.09) of xcolor available via CTAN, and as you know, Arch likes newer.

I don't know about your error message - I'll install and see if I get it too. Maybe Karl will know something about it, if he drops in again.

#7 2006-01-06 19:50:11

mrvw0169

Thanks for your comments, tomk!  Anything else you think needs fixing?

I've made the changes in wyneken and broke up latex-beamer (haven't double checked yet if it still works - I just copy pasted in the post quickly cause I'm not on my computer now)...

About the rm commands in wyneken.install - I put them there because these refer to the actual system files (i.e. these files and directories were not part of the extracted source so putting it in the PKGBUILD would either do nothing in pkg/ or modify the system... though I'm not sure if what I just said made sense lol)...

I'll take a look and update to the newer xcolor in a little while because I have some stuff I need to do right now...

#8 2006-03-15 07:15:13

FJ
Website

Hey, what happened to latex-beamer, pgf, and xcolor?  They aren't in the AUR anymore.

#9 2006-03-15 07:36:42

tomk
Forum Fellow

Check the wyneken comments - apparently, they're already part of tetex.

#10 2006-03-16 02:14:56

mrvw0169

I totally forgot about this thread, but as always, check AUR for newest versions of packages as I will forget to update this thread.

I've updated the above and removed latex-beamer dependency and in turn xcolor and pgf, due to their already being included in the tetex package (they are listed on the site as dependencies when they shouldn't need to be - already contacted Karl about this).

Version bump to 0.4beta5 is looking really good now... I'm thinking about moving the documents into /usr/share/wyneken and maybe patching the code to look for documentation there?

Oh, I forgot to post that I submitted your PKGBUILD, tomk, for hevea when I first submitted wyneken to the AUR (and I've noted that they are yours as well, hope that's okay)...

#11 2006-03-16 07:26:34

tomk
Forum Fellow

No problem with hevea - as I said, it wasn't something I felt like maintaining, and you've credited me anyway - thanks. smile

#12 2008-01-27 19:41:36

vis

Is latex-beamer is now part of the Arch tetex package? How can I get the beamer class working?

#13 2008-01-27 21:07:26

Stefan Husmann

vis wrote:

Is latex-beamer is now part of the Arch tetex package? How can I get the beamer class working?

teTeX is not maintained anymore. The teTeX package in extra is outdated. Take the texlive packages from Community instead.

#14 2008-01-27 23:40:27

vis

I am aware of the teTeX to texlive transition, but not in a hurry to follow suit.

The current problem is some of my LaTeX sources don't compile in somebody else's computer. The reason being the missing latex-beamer package. Since that person uses Arch, I was looking for the Arch-way of doing it. I know how to copy styles and run tex-tools, but wanted to keep that as a reserve.

Last edited by vis (2008-01-27 23:41:18)

#15 2008-01-28 04:21:27

Stefan Husmann

vis wrote:

I am aware of the teTeX to texlive transition, but not in a hurry to follow suit.

The current problem is some of my LaTeX sources don't compile in somebody else's computer. The reason being the missing latex-beamer package. Since that person uses Arch, I was looking for the Arch-way of doing it. I know how to copy styles and run tex-tools, but wanted to keep that as a reserve.

LaTeX beamer is part of some texlive- package, I think texlive-latexextra. This would be the cleanest way to solvethe problem, but somewhat dangerous if your friend has put his data in some areas.

If you are more in hurry I suggest to put the files of latx-beamer manually into some texmf-tree in the home directory of the user.

#16 2008-01-28 07:51:36

vis

I quickly checked my (teTeX) installation, also Arch.

# pacman -Ql tetex
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamer.cls
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerarticle.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbasearticle.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbaseauxtemplates.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbaseboxes.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbasecolor.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbasecompatibility.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbasedecode.sty
tetex /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbaseexercise.sty

latex-beamer comes with the teTeX package! (The time stamps of those files confirm it).

Why then my friend can't compile my LaTeX source. I'll check with him and come back.

#17 2008-01-29 12:20:16

vis

SOLVED!

It was a misunderstanding. My friend was running LaTeX on different machine, which was neither ArchLinux nor meant as a workstation.

Sorry for troubling you all. :-(

Board footer