You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-31 18:03:26

ominide

Mouse oddity requires to start X11 twice

Hey all I'm not familiar with this section of linux (X11 and devices) and am looking for some advice.

I have a RAT7 mouse with an xorg.conf.d/ entry for it that auto release buttons that stick and unmaps some that aren't supposed to be picked up by X11.
When I boot I drop to RL3 with no X11 started,  I manually log in and run `startx` to start openbox, however to get my mouse to work correctly I have to log out of my X11 session and `startx` again and its fine.

The symptoms are that if I want the mouse to use what ever window its over, in focus or not, I have to right click and click off.  If I alt tab and start using the keyboard that works fine, but I still have to right click on that window to get the mouse to treat that as its focused window.

I have no idea where to start for trouble shooting this so any advice would be super appreciated.  The mouse doesn't result in sticky buttons so I assumed that the RAT device conf is correct, I feel like this is either an X issue or OpenBOX but nothing is jumping out.

Thanks all.

#2 2012-12-31 19:57:28

foxbunny
Website

Re: Mouse oddity requires to start X11 twice

FWIW, I had similar issue with Gnome3, and I eventually switched to XFce and problem went away. So it's not necessarily a mouse issue. How did you configure you mouse? Have you tried something like this: http://fcns.eu/2011/04/01/cyborg-rat-7- … der-linux/ ?

#3 2012-12-31 20:12:18

ominide

Re: Mouse oddity requires to start X11 twice

Fiddle sticks,
Yeah I initially used that one but I had other issues by accidentally whapping the profile button with the auto release. I ended up using the method found in the launchpad bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … omments/30

Specifically I'm using `/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/910-rat.conf `  rather than leaving it in the straight xorg.conf

I know it corresponded with an X11 update ... but its been so long that I've just dealt with it, that I forgot which version worked. I know this isn't terribly helpful information.

Last edited by ominide (2012-12-31 20:14:45)

Board footer