You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-01 21:32:11

Reznor

[SOLVED/WORKAROUND] Automount and sleep issue on Vaio PCG-K35

So, I just did a fresh install 2 days ago. I decided to try Gentoo on this laptop for short time, but gave up because of slow compiling time.
First what I have noticed is that automount does not work anymore. I plug USB stick in - nothing happens. Same for partition /dev/sda3 used for storage and formated as ext4. Partition is in fstab. Line is /dev/sda3 / ext4 rw,relatime,user 0 0, and I have done chmod 777 to get rw access as user. I installed linux-lts and linux-lts-headers and boot into new kernel. USB mount works again, but with this kernel system works slower. I have also an idea to zcat /proc/config.gz to a linux-3.8-rc1 directory and make oldconfig, in other words to build a new kernel and see if automount works again, but that is the last thing to try. Second thing is sleep. When I close lid laptop goes to sleep, but after opening it does not wake up. System freezes and I have to hold power button and power it on again. With gentoo's livecd kernel and genkernel it does nothing when I close lid , that is what I would like to see.
Laptop is desktop replacement, so sleep is not needed.
Someone on IRC suggested me to post my journalctl and dmesg output. So, here is it:

dmesg
http://pastebin.com/KQwiEa3Z

journalctl
http://pastebin.com/ZXjuYgqh

I am using XFCE4 + LXDM with autlogin.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Reznor (2013-01-05 07:06:44)

rm -rf /

#2 2013-01-05 07:05:44

Reznor

Re: [SOLVED/WORKAROUND] Automount and sleep issue on Vaio PCG-K35

Solved.
Upgraded to testing kernel (3.7)
Works now.
For sleep, there is a workaround to disable it in logind. In /etc/systemd/logind.conf there is a line #HandleLidSwitch=suspend
I changed it to HandleLidSwitch=ignore with help of people on IRC channel.

Last edited by Reznor (2013-01-05 07:06:06)

rm -rf /

Board footer