The Win key now appears as "0x73" in Gnome's keybindings list, and is not responded to. Is this a Gnome 2.12 issue, or a problem with my xorg.conf?
If I don't completely misunderstand you, you probably have to map the 'win key' to 'meta' under keyboard-options in preferences...
Should be Super, not Meta, I think... But I tried mapping that to the Win keys, and got an error:
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
For me only meta seems to work; and, indeed, only the option which maps meta to the left win key, or something to that effect (I'm not at my computer now, so I can't check)
That gives the same error.
Ack... Any fixes yet?