You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-02 21:26:24

ralvy

Incomplete boot with new update

I did the new update with pacman -Syu and now notice the following during the boot process, which stops cold:

scsi2 : sym-2.2.1
2:0:0:0: ABORT operation started
[some other similar lines ...]
sym0: SCSI BUS has been reset

Then the boot process stops. When I boot a different distro, and examine what happens after the first line above, I notice that my external scsi devices are then recognized instead of the other lines you see above. I have no scsi hard drives. That is, I boot from an IDE drive.

I have a disk image of my previous Arch setup, so can easily restore that in just a few minutes, and can then do a pacman -Syu with the kernel being blacklisted. But I was wondering if there's a way to make the new update work for me. I have full access to the Arch install via a different distro, so I can edit the config files there easily before booting it again.

Also, if I decide to blacklist kernel upgrades, how do I do that with Arch? Never needed to do that before.

#2 2005-10-03 00:06:49

ralvy

Re: Incomplete boot with new update

I have restored my old image of Arch and done a pacman -Syu with the latest kernel ignored and all is well. I'll just roll my own 2.6.13 later.

Board footer