You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-07 10:40:46

listerthrawn

KDE Very Slow - But only on Wifi

Hi all,

I've a strange issue.  I've installed Arch and KDE on a Thinkpad T61 and it all works wonderfully, except that KDE freezes when using the widgets or toolbar when I'm on a wifi network.  If I'm on a wired network it's fine.  An example is that if i'm connected to wifi, I can use my web browser just fine, but none of my desktop widgets update (CPU monitor etc, nothing that downloads anything) and if I click on a different application on the tool bar then nothing happens for about 30 seconds then the window will open.  I can easily alt-tab between windows and that works just fine, it's just the toolbar.  As soon as I disconnect from wifi, it's all working perfectly again.

I actually don't even know where to start diagnosing this issue.  I've tried using wicd and networkmanager to control the network but they both have the same issue.

Help please?

Thanks

Chris.

#2 2013-01-08 15:48:11

pilotkeller
Website

Re: KDE Very Slow - But only on Wifi

Does your toolbar and widget collection both contain a signal strength meter? Just an idea.

#3 2013-01-08 16:35:42

listerthrawn

Re: KDE Very Slow - But only on Wifi

Hi there,

No they don't.  When I first started with it, I had no widgets referring to wicd or wifi at all, i was using wicd-curses to control it.

Board footer