You are not logged in.

#1 2005-10-03 14:21:34

elahav

Graphviz issue after libtool-slay

I have a programme which is dynamically linked against graphviz. Everything used to work fine as long as the la file was included in the linking stage. Now that this file is gone, my programme can no longer find the dotneato library.
This library is located under /usr/lib/graphviz. I can add this path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that would probably annoy people using my software, and make it difficult to create packages.

Elad

#2 2005-10-03 15:37:40

JGC
Developer

Re: Graphviz issue after libtool-slay

Seen this with evolution-exchange and also using this technique for epiphany and all other gecko apps:

make LDFLAGS+="-R /usr/lib/graphviz"

What it does is putting a static LD_LIBRARY_PATH thing into the binary it links with those flags. Using this method, I can even run epiphany without having /opt/mozilla/lib/firefox in my /etc/ld.so.conf.

#3 2005-10-03 15:48:39

elahav

Re: Graphviz issue after libtool-slay

Thanks, I'll try that. Graphviz does not support this option through its dotneato-config utility, but I guess I can somehow overcome it.

By the way, does anybody know why graphviz is kept in version 2.2, while the latest stable release is 2.6? I've noticed that other distributions (Fedora, Debian, SUSE, Mandriva) are also sticking with 2.2, except for Gentoo which has switched to the newer one. I'm asking since there appear to be some major changes between the versions, and I would like to know whether or not I should be prepared for such a change in the near future.

Board footer