You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-23 12:40:08

omeringen

Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics / Bastion

Hi,
i am getting some errors while running Bastion after i switched to catalyst-legacy drivers. It's running without errors with open source drivers.

I found some of users having same issues but couldn't find any solution yet.

Any ideas ?

Unhandled Exception: System.Exception: Shader error                                                                                                                                 
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.CompileShaderFromSource (System.String source, ShaderType shaderType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.CreateFragmentShaderFromSource (System.String source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteEffect..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                         
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                          
  at GSGE.ExceptionGame.LoadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                            
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                   
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (GameRunBehavior runBehavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                               
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                          
  at GSGE.App.Run[App] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                                         
  at GSGE.App.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                         
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Exception: Shader error                                                                                                                   
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.CompileShaderFromSource (System.String source, ShaderType shaderType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect.CreateFragmentShaderFromSource (System.String source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteEffect..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                         
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                          
  at GSGE.ExceptionGame.LoadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                            
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                   
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (GameRunBehavior runBehavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                               
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                          
  at GSGE.App.Run[App] () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0                                                                                                                         
  at GSGE.App.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  

Here is glxinfo output

Last edited by omeringen (2013-01-23 15:22:31)

#2 2013-01-25 14:30:52

t0phr

Re: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics / Bastion

Got exactly the same problem, but with the catalyst (13.1-1) driver from the apocalypsus repo. A few hours of google search were not successful.
The problem started a few months ago, so it's unrelated to at least the most recent driver updates. But I'm sure it worked once.
Running the game with "force_s3tc_enable=true" as suggested sometimes no effect. I tried both versions, the one in AUR and from HIB.

Here is my glxinfo output though it's seems identical to omeringens.

#3 2013-04-07 19:43:11

pablox
Website

I'm having the same issue here. I installed catalyst drivers because I thought it would be a better idea, but NOPE. Any clue on how I can run 2 different X servers with different drivers? O_o

Is that possible?

EDIT: I tried to see if it ran trough steam, and works flawlessly.

Last edited by pablox (2013-04-07 22:12:16)

Geeks & Linux Atelier
An eye for an eye ... ends in making everybody blind -- Mahatma Gandhi
dotfiles

#4 2013-04-07 22:16:31

t0phr

Yep, works for me too.

#5 2013-09-18 21:15:22

LittleBigUser

I have the same problem with Bastion and also with Hammerwatch. Is their a way to start two X-Server - one with fglrx and the second with radeon? Or is their another solution for fglrx?

Thanks.

#6 2013-09-18 23:23:17

omeringen

@LittleBigUser, pablox,
It is working so slow on open source drivers. So, even if it is possible to run it with a different x-server it will not be playable.(at least for me, i have HD2400)

#7 2013-09-18 23:53:11

sas

LittleBigUser wrote:

Is their a way to start two X-Server - one with fglrx and the second with radeon?

No, unfortunately you can't even have both drivers installed at the same time, as they provide different implementations of the same files (e.g. /usr/lib/libGL.so)

Last edited by sas (2013-09-18 23:53:30)

#8 2013-10-14 05:29:55

rh995

I am having the same problem.  Just wanted to know if there is a solution that people have found.

#9 2013-11-27 21:51:13

gu3

I just updated using catalyst-hd234k and xorg112, and i'm getting the same error. sad

Board footer