You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-30 17:09:20

assimilat

Persistant kernel compilation arguments?

Hi I have a Lenovo laptop that has some pretty major issues with its DSDT which I have fixed but seeing as how it requires the kernel to be recompiled with the patched DSDT every time I want to update I have just been living with the quirks of the horrid OEM DSDT. I was wondering if there is a way that I can specify in pacman.conf (or anywhere else for that matter) that when I run an -Syu and there is an updated kernel for it to just automatically recompile it and issue a user defined patch? That way I wouldnt have to do it manually every time I want to update which is a P.I.T.A. Sorry if this has been brought up before I couldnt find my answer via the search or the wiki (but I might have missed something)

Thanks!
Andrew

#2 2013-01-30 19:06:21

the sad clown

Re: Persistant kernel compilation arguments?

I don't think pacman can do that, since it is installing an already compiled binary.  As far as I know, pacman has no compiling function.  You have to use makepkg, which means you have to do it yourself with ABS.

I laugh, yet the joke is on me

#3 2013-01-30 19:11:49

chris_l

Re: Persistant kernel compilation arguments?

There is not such thing, as far as I know.

But you could try to create an script that automatically downloads the latest PKGBUILD and other files from https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit … ages/linux, downloads the patch for DSDT for the kernel version, alters the PKGBUILD to apply it and to rename the package to linux-dsdt or something, makepkg it, and then calling sudo pacman -U <blabla>

...of course, that may fail sometimes, but with some luck, most of the time you will only have to call that script and thats it.

"open source is about choice"
No.
Open source is about opening the source code complying with this conditions, period. The ability to choose among several packages is just a nice side effect.

Board footer