You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-02 16:33:27

Luye

Xset/Xinput mouse sensitivity bug?

I have come across some odd, but consistent behaviour from adjusting the mouse acceleration, using xset/xinput. Both xset/xinput work fine when I to scale it up, for example xset m 2 0, and even xset m 5/2 0 works fine too.

However if I scale it down, I run in to problems. For example, if I do xset m 1/4 0 (25% speed, constant acceleration), the mouse sensitivity does not appear to be altered at all. Instead I find that the x and/or y coordinates will randomly (a handful of times/minute) be set to 0, i.e cursor gets moved to left/top edge or both.

Anyone else able to replicate this? Or am I not using the settings as intended etc?

Thank you.

#2 2013-02-03 16:55:34

Luye

Re: Xset/Xinput mouse sensitivity bug?

Bump. Anyone? With linux on the rise as a gaming platform this is a rather essential feature. If anyone could at least point me in the direction of the linux drivers that translates the sensitivity, I'll have a look at the source myself.

#3 2013-02-03 18:19:30

Luye

Apologies I wasn't thinking clearly yesterday, in hindsight, I should have posted this in Kernel/Hardware or in the general linux section. Please lock or delete this thread, I will move the discussion elsewhere.

#4 2013-02-03 19:30:54

ewaller
Administrator

Moved to Kernel and Hardware.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer