You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-03 17:48:21

ethereal

KDE -- setting colour scheme for only one application?

Hello:

I've been using Arch for a few years now, but up until this point the wiki documentation has been all I've needed to get everything functioning perfectly. I have one minor nitpick, though, that I was hoping someone might be able to suggest a solution to.

I'm using xmonad as my WM right now, and am thoroughly enjoying it; the problem is that when I start KDE applications, their window flashes `white' very briefly. It's maybe about 1/30th of a second, but on a clean desktop (I have a solid black desktop background) it is extremely annoying.

I've narrowed it down to the fact that the flash of colour is an un-filled Qt widget, i.e. there is a brief period of time where the default background colour for a widget is being painted. I can `solve' this by setting the colour scheme to one that has a dark background; the problem is that I prefer light themes.

I notice this problem the most in konsole, which I launch fairly frequently. dolpin, okular, etc -- the other KDE programs I use -- are launched infrequently enough that I can live with the flash. To this end, is there a way I can set the Qt/KDE theme for just the one application? As best I can tell the colour scheme is stored in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals, which implies to me that it's a global setting. Adding colour settings to konsole's config does nothing, of course . . .

Any suggestions? I've been using urxvt instead of konsole and am quite happy with it, but I'd prefer to use konsole if at all possible.

Thanks,

- ethereal

Board footer