You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-18 15:22:47

medivhok

My ps3 bdremote is not recognized by bluez.

Hey all,

I've been trying to configure my bdremote for days now and I just can't do it. My remote is paring with my computer, no problem. But the bluetooth stack sees it as a virtual input device. There's a new module (hid_ps3remote) for it, but the bt stack doesnt see the remote as an HID device, so the modalias begin by "input:" instead of "hid:".

Using modinfo hid_ps3remote, I get the modalias "hid:b0005g*v0000054Cp00000306" while for my remote, its "input:b0005v054Cp0306e0000-e0". Is there a way to tell the bt stack that this device is an HID device, to change its modalias or to tell udev to load a specific driver for this device ?

I have tried a few things gathered on the web, but nothing is working. I saw on AUR the bluez bdremote (bluez pathched with kitlhaan's code for the bdremote) but I don't want to use it (I tried and it doesnt works  anyway). I want to use the new driver, and know why it doesnt works right now.

I'm using the latest Archlinux x86_64(pacman -Syu almost every day). My remote is only half-working because it does pair, and create a /sys/devices/virtual/input/input* entry.

So if anyone had the same problem, got any ideas, or better yet, the solution, I'm all ears!

Thank you
Greg

#2 2013-02-18 21:25:52

medivhok

Re: My ps3 bdremote is not recognized by bluez.

Well, the good news is : I made it...

The bad news is : kinda!

The problem is the outdated version of the package. I manage to connect my bdremote using

hidd --server 

and then

hidd --connect bdaddr 

but the bluetoothd in the package still uses rc.d to load hidd, and if I try to use bluez-simple-agent, I get and error about a module named gi.repository. This module has been merged with python-gobject and the module removed.

Right now, I don't know if I gonna try to learn and create a few services for systemd (hidd, rfcomm, pand, dund) or try to make myself a package with bluez-5.2. This version is using systemd, while hidd seems not to, and I don't think hidd uses d-bus.

I'll give some feedback as soon as I get something working good, for all the bdremote users out there... if any wink

Greg

Last edited by medivhok (2013-02-18 21:27:20)

Board footer