You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-18 16:19:27

BillMoo

Wrong mouse pointer when using VNC

Hi.

I have installed Arch Linux v3.7.8 on to a VMWare virtual machine and configured VNC for remote access.

However, when accessed via VNC (using KRDC) and I open firefox for example I don't get a proper mouse pointer that allows me to select links, buttons or menus. The only pointer I get is a double headed arrow (left/right).

If I do the same action via the vSphere Client console everything works as expected.

Is anyone familiar with this and able to help me solve this please?

--
Bill

#2 2013-02-19 08:18:34

BillMoo

Re: Wrong mouse pointer when using VNC

Oh! No replies, maybe I am missing some information, so apologies for that as this is both my first use of Arch and my first post.

Both machines are running Arch Linux and KDE 4.10.00 on both the (VNC) Client and (VNC) Server, if there is anything else you want or need to know please let me know, as this installation is useless until I get this resolved.

--
Thanks

Bill

#3 2013-02-19 10:28:37

Gusar

If only KRDC has the issue and other clients don't (did you try others besides vSphere?), then the issue is in KRDC. So report it to them.

#4 2013-02-19 13:14:53

BillMoo

Gusar wrote:

If only KRDC has the issue and other clients don't (did you try others besides vSphere?), then the issue is in KRDC. So report it to them.

Hi Gusar,

Thanks for the reply. It's been tested with Windows VNC Client and that too has the same issue as KRDC so I'm suspecting it's a VNC Server (configuration) issue. So not to sure how to proceed.

--
Bill

Board footer