You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-19 04:55:29

kingdamian42

Error with pacstrap, Unrecognized archive format

Hey everyone, I've searched and found some posts similar to my problem, but haven't found an answer that works for me yet. Sofar I have gotten to the point in the Beginner's Guide where I want to run "pacstrap /mnt base base-devel", but I get the error:

error: could not open file /mnt/var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /mnt/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /mnt/var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /mnt/var/lib/pacman/sync/extra.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: target not found: base

So what I've done sofar is tried running pacman -Syy and -Syu, both of which run fine without any errors. I've also changed around my mirrorlist to use different mirrors. Originally I was getting another error about signed packages and had to change my pacman.conf lines to SigLevel = Never.

I'm really stuck and have no idea what to do at this point.

Last edited by kingdamian42 (2013-02-19 04:56:38)

#2 2013-02-19 06:56:27

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Re: Error with pacstrap, Unrecognized archive format

Moving to Newbie Corner.

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

Board footer