Since a few days I can't take a backup any more.
I'm always getting "Failed with an unknown error.". No explanation whatsoever.
* Reinstalling didn't work.
* Plenty of disk space.
* Switching on debugging doesn't show anything.
* Running from the command line doesn't show any error output.
* The logs contain nothing about deja-dup
ZILCH ! :-)
Somebody in here has an idea where I can look for a clue ?
deja-dup fails with the same error message for me, too.
It seems to be a problem with the recent update of duplicity to version 0.6.21-1. Downgrading to the previous version (0.6.20-2) "fixes" it for me.
That did it ! Many thanks indeed ! :-D
* Download : http://arm.konnichi.com/2013/01/31/comm … pkg.tar.xz
* Run "sudo pacman -U duplicity-0.6.20-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz"
Did you find a log somewhere containing an error message ?
This happened for me too - couldn't find any error messages, and obviously deja-dup wasn't that helpful...
I tried waiting it out but this was broken a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't seem to be any updates so far to fix it - but it looks like it's duplicity, not deja-dup? I just switched to luckybackup instead, but might try downgrading that too....
For good measure I've added put duplicity in to be ignored for updates.
IgnorePkg = duplicity (in /etc/pacman.conf)
pacman tells when an update is ignored.