You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-24 14:07:37

ES

Lenovo Z500 - Inverted function keys

Hello, I have a problem with a newly aquired Lenovo Z500, f1-f12 are in inverted with hotkeys.
So for example, I have to press fn + mute to send f1.

This kind of problem can usually be solved with a bios setting, but unfortunately the provided bios (insydeh2o ver 3.7)  don't offer a such setting.

I thought to use xmodmap to change the mapping, but some of the hotkeys send combinations (f4 hotkey send alt + f4, f5 send ctrl + alt + tab) or nothing (f9 just turn off screen) when checked with xev, so this might not be the best way to solve the problem.

Any suggestions on how that could be fixed?

#2 2013-02-25 12:15:30

qinohe

Re: Lenovo Z500 - Inverted function keys

ES wrote:

Hello, I have a problem with a newly aquired Lenovo Z500, f1-f12 are in inverted with hotkeys.
So for example, I have to press fn + mute to send f1.

This kind of problem can usually be solved with a bios setting, but unfortunately the provided bios (insydeh2o ver 3.7)  don't offer a such setting.

I thought to use xmodmap to change the mapping, but some of the hotkeys send combinations (f4 hotkey send alt + f4, f5 send ctrl + alt + tab) or nothing (f9 just turn off screen) when checked with xev, so this might not be the best way to solve the problem.

Any suggestions on how that could be fixed?

Hi, can't help you with your 'problem' since I don't own Lenovo Z500, I have Asus N75!
I had lots of keys giving the correct output to xev but they never worked!

So I went for xbindkeys, the reason for that is quite simple, xbindkeys don't care about our WM/DE.
So your keys will work in every environment thus the better solution when you switch.
In your specific case I don't know if it works, but it might!

Board footer