You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-26 01:59:31

rabcor
Banned

Amd proprietary drivers settings wont save

I'm trying to set up a multi monitor setup

The bastard did save my antialiasing setting (On unless application specifies, default is off unless application specifies)

But its not saving my multi-display settings, if i try to run the administrative catalyst control center console as the shortcut does

amdxdg-su -c amdcccle

amdxdg-su: no graphical method available for invoking 'amdcccle' as 'root'

what can i do?

also just running amdcccle as root (after doing su) wont work, if you thought of that.

Last edited by rabcor (2013-02-26 02:01:42)

#2 2013-02-26 19:15:42

rabcor
Banned

Re: Amd proprietary drivers settings wont save

Found somewhat of a workaround, not perfect but it partially works.
if i run amdcccle as su and change the multi-display settings, then go into my window manager's display settings and save them (to make xrandr save settings) it'll work

But after doing it a few times my driveres broke and eventually messing with the options in xorg.conf led to kernel panics and whatnot (how can a X11 config file lead to kernel panics upon reboot/shutdown when X isn't even running ?!).

Which i fixed with this workaround.

aticonfig -f --initial --adapter=all

aticonfig --px-igpu

aticonfig --xinerama=on

which pretty much made my dual screen display work, with the exception that i can't have my secondary monitor on the left side either because i'm so noob or because xfce wont allow it... or because X simply likes to align everything to the screen on the left. not sure.

Seeing as my second screen is a CRT tv... i can't really live with having my panel and desktop shortcuts on it hmm

Edit: Later on i realized its a better idea to just use xrandr instead of xinerama.

Last edited by rabcor (2013-02-27 21:24:50)

Board footer