You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-28 14:45:23

syntaxvorlon

Oolite crashes due to Mesa library

I have been getting an inconsistent problem which I thought had been fixed by a recent upgrade. Running Oolite on my netbook I had been getting an error:

oolite: ../../../src/mesa/swrast/s_renderbuffer.c:584: map_attachment: Assertion `srb->Map' failed.
/usr/bin/oolite: line 6: 14955 Aborted                 (core dumped) /usr/share/oolite/oolite $@

After a recent upgrade though, I was able to run oolite at a good speed with reduced  texture rendering and shaders. I had noticed that while flying about I would get flashes in the window of random colors and shapes every now and again, some artifact I figure of attempting to render textures somewhere or something. I don't know if this has any bearing on this issue.

And now the very same error has cropped up once again.

In searching the internet for this error I came across a few similar instances:
A bug in Blender that apparently was fixed with the assertion LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1, which gave:

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  11 (X_GLXSwapBuffers)
  Serial number of failed request:  63
  Current serial number in output stream:  67

Also, MESA_DEBUG=1 was suggested elsewhere. Using this I found an error about libtxc_dxtn being missing, which I downloaded with no bearing on the central error.

I am currently at a loss. On my x86_64 machine oolite runs fine using my nvidia cards.

This machine however is an NB505 Toshiba with an Intel Atom and integrated graphics chipset, running i915 drivers and intel-dri.

Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks.

#2 2013-03-10 18:17:06

W4RH4WK

Re: Oolite crashes due to Mesa library

i get the same error message when trying to run a python kivy program

Exception in thread Thread-1:
python2: ../../../src/mesa/swrast/s_renderbuffer.c:584: map_attachment: Assertion `srb->Map' failed.

Board footer