You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-19 12:57:21

omerah

Madwifi Drivers

Hello everybody,

I've been working lately with the madwifi project drivers and encountered some odd things.
Though I'm new to driver and kernel programming, I know that every driver has its init_module, called upon loading the driver to the kernel, and its exit_module called upon unloading. I didn't manage to find the init_module in the madwifi driver code, and i wonder if someone knows why this driver doesn't have such a module?

thanks a lot!

Omer!

#2 2013-03-19 15:08:59

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Madwifi Drivers

Welcome to Arch Linux.  Please do not cross post; I have closed and dustbinned the other post.  The moderators are happy to move a thread from one subforum to another if you please 'report' the thread and leave us a short note with your request.

Thanks.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2013-03-19 15:19:50

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Madwifi Drivers

I do not know if you have seen it, but Linux Device Drivers Jonathan Corbet, Alessandro Rubini, and Greg Kroah-Hartman is an excelent reference.  Chapter two asserts that the use of those functions is optional.

Edit: Fixed Link

Last edited by ewaller (2013-03-19 15:21:53)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer