You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-27 08:10:23

viktordick

Looking for a login manager that automatically chooses keymap of user

Hey there,
I have a system with multiple users which set their keymaps differently. With ubuntu, the lightdm greeter changes the keymap as soon as the user is chosen so the password can be entered in the user's favorite keymap (actually I am the only one who uses dvorak, everyone else is using a german keyboard and maybe a few use an english QWERTY one). But every login manager I tried in arch lacks this possibility, even if I installed lightdm-unity-greeter with lightdm-ubuntu from AUR. Does anyone know how to change that behavior or if there is login manager that I missed?

Thanks,
Viktor

#2 2013-03-27 08:31:38

DSpider

Re: Looking for a login manager that automatically chooses keymap of user

Each user has its own folder, with a ~/.xinitrc file, so why can't you change it from there?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xo … d_settings

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2013-03-27 08:46:35

viktordick

The keymap after login is working fine (most users use gnome or kde so they use the settings in there). My question was about the login manager itself. I want to type my password with the same keymap that is also (correctly) set for my user after login.

#4 2013-03-27 09:08:15

Awebb

You already found the lightdm AUR entry. Now go find out, what patches Ubuntu uses, compare them with the local patch set and merge.

Board footer