You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-03 18:13:19

Lordii

[Solved] dual monitor statusbar problem (dwm)

Hi all , have a problem with status bar in dwm . The status bar change their position between monitors , if i work in the monitor1 the status bar is in monitor1 , but if i change to the monitor2 the status bar goes to monitor2 . 

I would like to leave the bar in a single monitor or in both . Thanks in advance

(i used conky status bar and xrandr)

Last edited by Lordii (2013-04-04 13:36:53)

#2 2013-04-03 20:52:21

mkaito
Website

Re: [Solved] dual monitor statusbar problem (dwm)

That's how dwm behaves. I believe dwm's multihead support is rather lackluster out of the box. You might want to check out some of the patches they have, and ask around in the dwm hackers thread.

I currently have dwm simply draw status on all monitors, but I'm investigating separate status bars per monitor. We'll see where that takes me. Dwm is a tinker's WM!

Fear me! I have root! Sometimes...

#3 2013-04-04 13:27:08

Lordii

Re: [Solved] dual monitor statusbar problem (dwm)

mkaito wrote:

That's how dwm behaves. I believe dwm's multihead support is rather lackluster out of the box. You might want to check out some of the patches they have, and ask around in the dwm hackers thread.

I currently have dwm simply draw status on all monitors, but I'm investigating separate status bars per monitor. We'll see where that takes me. Dwm is a tinker's WM!

i found the patch , thanks!

Board footer