You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-06 01:06:14

gcc-gcj build fails

I just installed rather more updates than I'm used to installing in one go but all seemed fine. (Well rEFInd still fails to boot the EFI stub method and bluetooth is hard blocked again and my function keys don't work again but nothing especially unusual. smile)

In order to update, I had to remove pdftk and gcc-gcj. Updates are available from AUR but I cannot get gcc-gcj to compile. There are other comments on the package page to the same effect ( but those all seem to involve AUR helpers and/or building in tmpfs. Neither of those apply in my case.

There's also a suggestion that the issue is associated with the new CPP flags in makepkg.conf. However, I'm not entirely clear if there's a work around to be had or, if there is, what the best option would be.

I currently use this in makepkg.conf:

CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4"
DEBUG_CFLAGS="-g -fvar-tracking-assignments"
DEBUG_CXXFLAGS="-g -fvar-tracking-assignments"

I am way beyond my knowledge at this point but if the separation of the CPPFLAGS is the issue, would deleting CPPFLAGS and adding -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 to CFLAGS be the thing to try? Or should these be passed to makepkg just for this build? Or should the PKGBUILD be edited? And, anyway, is this a safe sort of thing to do?

I use the term "safe" advisedly - the last version of gcc-gcj never got built here because it kept causing my machine to just stop. While I don't think that was the build's fault, I would prefer to be cautious at this point.

NOTE: the AUR page includes the actual errors my build fails on and I would be happy to post the entire output somewhere if anybody is interested.

Last edited by cfr (2013-04-06 01:07:29)

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Help Vampires

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | grub2 | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x121e | Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2367M CPU @ 1.40GHz GenuineIntel | Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 | US keyboard with Euro | 320G 7200 RPM Seagate HDD

Board footer