You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-09 07:38:40

yotama9

Microphone input is not recognized on the audio jack combo - Lenovo TP

I have a Lenovo thinkpad edge 13'' machine. I use arch of in on the past last month or so. Yesterday, I needed to use a microphone. After I plugged it in, I noticed that the sound level is very low. I open the gnome sound setting and learned I only have an analog output, and the digital output (HDMI connection) is not recognized. Under the input, I see only the machine built in microphone. I tried with alsa-mixer. It list both cards but only the machine built in microphone (under HDA Intel MID card) and not the microphone under the combo jack (ThinkPad Console Audio Control). Can I fix this?

Thanks.

#2 2013-04-09 23:28:05

poriarty

Re: Microphone input is not recognized on the audio jack combo - Lenovo TP

Are you using a standalone microphone or a combined headset/microphone (iPhone/Android style)?

My Lenovo X1 Carbon has a combo jack as well. When I connect my headset (iPhone plugs is all I've tested), the internal microphone is automatically disabled and the headset mic enabled.

For google chat/hangout I have to configure the Microphone as the second HDA Intel PCH (in the dropdown menu).

Hope that helps,

#3 2013-04-10 10:44:50

yotama9

It's a headset android style.

What is the drop-down menu you mentioned? Is it in google hangout?

#4 2013-04-10 22:46:07

poriarty

The dropdown is in gmail -> Settings -> Chat -> Microphone.

I haven't tested any other apps, but I'm sure arecord could be used to test what microphone is actually being used.

Board footer