You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-10 19:37:00

sethradio
Website

HDAPSD not working

I can't get HDAPS to work, because the daemon won't start.

Here is the output of # systemctl status hdapsd.service :

dapsd.service - HDAPS userspace hard drive protection daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/hdapsd.service; enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2013-04-10 10:27:35 PDT; 2h 5min ago
Process: 678 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/hdapsd-wrapper (code=exited, status=255)

Why is it failing?

Last edited by sethradio (2013-04-10 19:38:45)

And lo, it came to pass, that the neophyte encountered the Beplattered One and humbly posed the question, "Oh great master, is it a sin to use vi?" And St. IGNUcius didst thus reply unto him, "No, my young hacker friend, it is not a sin. It is a penance."

#2 2013-06-03 07:34:46

Corubba

Re: HDAPSD not working

When taking a look into your filesystem, you will find that there is no /usr/sbin/hdapsd-wrapper file, thous also not contained in the hdapsd package.

With the latest update, the config file found under /etc/conf.d/hdapsd.conf was removed from the package. The systemd way of life is to configure daemons by copy and modify their service file. What was done here (or so I believe) is that they introduce that wrapper script so there is no need to modify the service file. You have to create the /usr/sbin/hdapsd-wrapper to start hdapsd with the arguments you want it to run. Something like (not tested)

#!/bin/bash
which $(hdapsd) -bp -d sda -s 14 -a -l

Imho this is not a good way. It is against the general policy regarding systemd service configuration, and it assumes to place a user created script inside /usr/bin. I recommence to copy and edit the service file instead of using the wrapper method.

Greetz

Last edited by Corubba (2013-06-03 07:38:45)

Board footer