I have Dropbox package from the AUR installed in my system, but I've noticed a syncing error: files and folders with non-ascii characters (such as "ç", "ã" and "í") don't get synced. Apparently, they are ignored and Dropbox (in the tray icon and also through dropbox-cli) reports "Idle" status, as if everything had been properly synced.
Interestingly, if I choose go to Preferences, choose the Advanced Tab, click on Selective Sync and then click on Switch to Advanced View, I can see all folders, including the ones with non-ascii characters, and they are marked normally as "sync-enabled".
I'll investigate by myself and post a solution if I find one, but if anyone already has some idea of what might be wrong, I'd like to hear. Thanks.
Last edited by andreqls (2013-04-13 06:28:03)
Ok, fixed it. All I needed to do was set the correct locale in the LANG environment variable, which I did by adding "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8" to .xinitrc! As it turns out, this was one of the "locale caused errors" mentioned on the wiki.