You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-19 19:35:27

Hamish
Website

My list of Arch issues

Hello,

Below is a list of issues I am having with my install of Arch.

amd-ucode error on start-up - I have read this can be handled by installing the AMD microcode, but I am not certain if I should do this or not since it seems to affect the hardware. Everything seems to run fine even with the error, but it does consistently appear on start up.

Terminal workspace switching killing X - back when I used Fedora I was able to switch to a separate terminal workspace by pressing Shift-F2, Shift-F3, etc, but with Arch when I do this X gets screwed up upon returning to it by pressing Shift-F1.

NetworkManager not working after logging out - this happened only after my most recent update. It works fine on initial boot-up but after logging out and logging in again nm-applet refuses to appear. Restarting the NetworkManager service with systemctl does make it appear again but then it sees no connections.

lxdm being unreliable - lxdm frequently seems to crash and kick me to a purplish-blue screen. I have tried reinstalling it and restoring it to it's default configuration but that did not seem to solve the problem.

Any suggestions on any of these would be appreciated.

Last edited by Hamish (2013-05-02 22:14:15)

Thank you,
Hamish Paul Wilson

#2 2013-04-19 19:51:31

SolarBoyMatt

Re: My list of Arch issues

These are (most likely) separate issues that need their own threads, having a laundry list is not very helpful. For the microcode stuff, read up on the wiki page if you're still uncertain. There shouldn't be any issues, especially since the microcode is loaded as a module and isn't permanent.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Microcode

The rest of these issues we can't help you with much unless you provide more information about your setup.

Last edited by SolarBoyMatt (2013-04-19 19:55:43)

#3 2013-04-19 20:17:03

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Please see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … ow_to_Post

And then rename your thread; as it is, it is flamebait.

At a guess, I would say most of your issues are related to your video card/driver. If you want further assistnace, then you would need to post details of those plus errors/logs.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2013-05-02 22:17:47

Hamish
Website

Well, I ditched LXDM for now and am using a simply console log in with startx. Now I can switch terminal work-spaces and reboot properly, another problem I was experiencing. I can no longer logout now, however, something which seems to be related to an update in systemd. I also have gotten NetworkManager updates, but as I can't logout I have no idea if this has fixed my problem.

Thank you,
Hamish Paul Wilson

#5 2013-05-05 09:27:41

ubunchu

Well, if you start x from console, the only way to logout is to terminate that process (or cancel it).
And the nm-applet should be loaded after a system taskbar is loaded (lxpanel has everything you might need)
Good luck.

Don't forget to mark as [SOLVED].

Board footer