You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-05 10:12:42

Eregus

systemd/User - autologin

I have nearly fresh Arch on computer and I wanted to have autologin. To make this work, I used this solution. I don't know what I did wrong, but after this my system couldn't start (I don't remember what Bash said, because it was some weeks ago). I think I could badly link mystuff.target to default.target. I did:

ln eregus/home/.config/systemd/user/mystuff.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target

To fix it, I chrooted to my system from ArchCD and did:

rm /etc/systemd/system/default.target

Afterwards, system still can't start. There's just "recovering journal" forever and nothing happens. Oh and it says about problem with starting DSP, if it makes any change.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by Eregus (2013-05-05 10:18:38)

#2 2013-05-05 13:10:27

jv2112

Re: systemd/User - autologin

I am no expert but the default target is a symlink to the services that need to be started. So you only removed the symlink and repairing should be as simple as adding back in.

/usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target -> graphical.target

----------------------

ln -s  /usr/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target

As far as the autologin I have modified my /etc/slim.conf ( Slim Log in manager ) for that in the past.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. Isaac Asimov - / -

#3 2013-05-05 14:04:03

Eregus

What's the difference between /etc/systemd/system/default.target and /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target?

#4 2013-05-05 14:07:32

Raynman

You are confusing the system manager and the user manager. /usr/lib/systemd and /etc/systemd are for system-wide units. You need to link ~/.config/systemd/user/default.target to mystuff.target. To avoid mistakes like this, let systemctl create the symlinks for you, as recommended in the manual.

You can fix it the way jv2112 says. So you'll have to chroot in again, or you specify systemd.unit=graphical.target or multi-user.target as a kernel parameter (in grub/syslinux menu, ) to boot your system normally. With the latter method, systemd is running, so you can use the safe way:

# systemctl enable graphical.target
Eregus wrote:

What's the difference between /etc/systemd/system/default.target and /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target?

/usr/lib is installation default, /etc overrides this for configuration specific to your system.

Last edited by Raynman (2013-05-05 14:10:02)

#5 2013-05-05 20:12:53

WonderWoofy

Eregus wrote:

Use the systemd-delta tool.

#6 2013-05-11 16:08:47

Eregus

Ok. I did "ln -s  /usr/lib/systemd/system/graphical.target /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target" (btw. default.target was existing, I had to delete it), then restarted my system - again, nothing is happening. I also tried boot system with "systemd.unit=multi-user.target", but same here. System is just starting and starting and... can't start.

Board footer