You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-05 20:18:21

bruno.unna

Enlightenment E17's EFM breaks when theme changes

Hello.

I've installed the "enlightenment17" package, as indicated in the wiki article. After a few clashes against the Enlightened way of life (which it totally won), I was ready to give it a look & feel more to my liking. So I installed the e17-themes package from AUR, and started playing around with those.

Sadly, after a short while, I noticed that whenever I changed the theme, from "default" to anything else, the EFM windows would stop showing their contents. I mean: they are not frozen, I see no errors anywhere, everything is nice and smooth as always, but… EFM windows are empty.

I'm aware the same wiki article mentions a change in themes' format:

Note: During 2010 there was a change in how themes work, so older themes will not work unless they were updated. There used to be an edje_convert tool to do this, but that has been dropped long ago

But, if that tool is deprecated (and assuming that is the problem, a fact of which I'm not sure at all), how is such a conversion performed?

Any help on the issue will be appreciated. Best regards.

Last edited by bruno.unna (2013-05-05 20:23:53)

#2 2013-05-05 22:11:27

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Enlightenment E17's EFM breaks when theme changes

bruno.unna wrote:

But, if that tool is deprecated (and assuming that is the problem, a fact of which I'm not sure at all), how is such a conversion performed?

It's not. Any themes that weren't converted are effectively dead. More than that, there was a change in theme API a month or two before before E17's release, so any theme that hasn't been updated in the last 6 months or so probably isn't going to work.

#3 2013-05-05 22:51:37

bruno.unna

Re: Enlightenment E17's EFM breaks when theme changes

Understandable.

I've successfully compiled a couple of themes from enlightenment's svn repo, and stolen another couple from bodhilinux. Everything's working, for the moment being.

Thank you for the information.

Board footer