You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-06 07:59:43

arneko

Source gets recompiled everyday-guidance needed

Hello,

I started maintaining PKGBUILDs in the aur recently. Among these is the package for openmodelica, a scientific programming language.

The PKGBUILD is working fine, in theory anyways. However, the guys at openmodelica seem to have an automated build service, that builds not only nightly versions but also the stable and release versions daily, leaving me with changing hashsums everyday:

https://build.openmodelica.org/tar-xz/

So I am wondering how to deal with this? What is the recommended way?
I could download the files and provide them on my own server of course, but somehow I don't think this would be ideal!?  Would that be acceptable?

Building from svn would be an option, but I lack the knowledge and time to do that, considering I only heard of people not being sucessful with that.

For now I have marked the package out of date. For the past 2 months or so.

Thanks

#2 2013-05-06 08:04:34

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Source gets recompiled everyday-guidance needed

IMO, simplest way would be to just use 'SKIP' as the checksum in this case.

#3 2013-05-06 09:12:12

arneko

Thanks. I recently saw that in another PKGBUILD and wanted to try tht here. Had forgotten about it though.

I couldn't find this feature documented in the wiki when I created this PKGBUILD though. Is that intentional?

Anyways, it works nicely now.

#4 2013-05-06 09:23:59

progandy

SKIP is a new feature of makepkg and it seems noone has documented it in the wiki (it is in the manpage). It is mainly intended for vcs sources which have their own verification methods. In your case you don't have a choice, though. Maybe you could set up your own server which provides a checksum and manually compare it in the prepare-function.

Last edited by progandy (2013-05-06 09:25:05)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#5 2013-05-06 09:26:10

Scimmia
Fellow

It's a new feature of pacman/makepkg 4.1 and intended to be used with VCS sources. It's probably not in the regular documentation because it should normally shouldn't be used with regular tarballs, but the situation you have is odd enough that I don't see another ready solution.

Board footer