You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-19 19:12:18

the_metalgamer
Website

yaah - Yet another AUR helper

Hi folks,

I'm announcing the release of yaah. It's a bash script to use the official AurJson api.

It's completely written in bash. It uses bash built-in string substitution and so on, so no grep, awk or sed is used in the script.

It should be understand as a helper and not a wrapper around pacman or makepkg.

Description
yaah has 3 main functions.

First of all it can download and extract packages from the AUR by their package name. It does not run makepkg or so, it only downloads the package and extracts it.

The second function is to check all installed, foreign packages, if there is a new version available. It only tells you that there is a new version, it doesn't automatically updates it.

The third function is to search the aur by a specified keyword. Also here it doesn't downloads anything. It just displays what it has found.

Package

I'm open for constructive criticism and if you found a bug tell me.

#2 2013-05-19 19:20:41

opt1mus
Website

Re: yaah - Yet another AUR helper

Serious question; why would I use your package over cower?

#3 2013-05-19 19:41:52

the_metalgamer
Website

Re: yaah - Yet another AUR helper

opt1mus wrote:

Serious question; why would I use your package over cower?

Simple answer, nothing.

I've wrote it primarly for myself to not use yaourt or anything in that way. I is also for me a opportunity to learn advanced bash scripting techniques.

It is a question of preferences. I like to have tool that I've written myself. I don't want to convince anybody to use this tool, but at least you have the option to do so.

Board footer