You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-30 16:55:15

Banned

Xen 4.2 -> UEFI boot - not working, need HELP

Hi, I am trying to install Xen 4.2 on a UEFI Mainboard. With UEFI boot, I was able to successfully install xen, but once I tried to boot into Arch Xen, the system would constantly just reboot. It also doesn't build a xen.efi file. With legay boot it works without any problems.

Does someone know what to do?

this is the error message:

objcopy -w -G xenos_* -G _start /root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os.o /root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os.o
ld -nostdlib -L/root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/cross-root-i686/i686-xen-elf/lib  -m elf_i386 -T arch/x86/minios-x86_32.lds /root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os.o  -o /root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os
ld: warning: section `.bss' type changed to PROGBITS
gzip -f -9 -c /root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os >/root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom/mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os.gz
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/extras/mini-os'
install -d -m0755 -p "/root/xen/pkg/xen/usr/lib/xen/boot"
install -m0644 -p mini-os-x86_32-grub/mini-os.gz "/root/xen/pkg/xen/usr/lib/xen/boot/pv-grub-x86_32.gz"
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xen/src/xen-4.2.2/stubdom'
mv: cannot stat âetc/init.dâ: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

thanks a lot,

#2 2013-06-06 05:13:10

Ferdinand866

Re: Xen 4.2 -> UEFI boot - not working, need HELP

I dunno but ... i imagine that the error is pointing to a file to have to be moved the command :
>> mv: cannot stat âetc/init.dâ: No such file or directory
>> ==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
>>    Aborting...

mv is target to  âetc/init.dâ must have to be target to /etc/init.d there are 2 chars in a makefile wrong.
this is a makefile to modify or like i guess.
The another warning may be nothing.

Regards . Fer

I have a hamradio license and know over Sail Boats too. My natural languaje is spanish.

#3 2013-06-06 14:51:21

TheSaint

Do you know why there are those 2 strange characters into that file name?
Or which program trying  to do that operation ?

do it good first, it will be faster than do it twice the saint wink

#4 2013-06-07 11:50:10

Banned

there has been an updated xen-git which installs just fine.

But I still can't boot into xen. I tried both grub2 and rEFInd.

When I execute "grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg"

I get this:

Generating grub.cfg ...
Cannot find grub config file, exiting.
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-linux
Found initrd image: /boot/initramfs-linux.img
done

Why is grub.cfg not found? It's definitely there! ... /boot/grub/grub.cfg

And if I want to make rEFInd work, where do I need to put xen-4.3-unstable.efi so it's recognized by rEFInd?

I put it in /boot/efi/EFI/refind/

I try to boot into xen-4.3-unstable.efi (is this correct?) Iget this error on boot menu:  efi loader    no configuration file found

I really need your help guys!

#5 2013-06-07 16:06:58

srs5694
Website

3000 wrote:

And if I want to make rEFInd work, where do I need to put xen-4.3-unstable.efi so it's recognized by rEFInd?

By default, rEFInd scans the root ("/") directory of every partition it can read, the "boot" directory of every partition it can read, and most subdirectories of the "EFI" directory of every partition it can read. Exceptions  to the final rule are rEFInd's own home directory and the EFI/tools directory. Thus, if the ESP is mounted at /boot/efi, you could put a .efi file in something like /boot/efi/EFI/xen to get rEFInd to present it on its menu.

You can add directories to the list of directories to be read by using the "also_scan_dirs" option in refind.conf -- but note that if you use this option and want to scan the "boot" directory, you must include it in the list. You can exclude directories by using "dont_scan_dirs".

Alternatively, you can create a manual boot stanza for a boot loader located in an unusual location or in a directory that you don't want to auto-scan. Many Arch users like this method of getting an Arch kernel to load since it doesn't rely on automatic detection and gives them more direct control over kernel options, icons, etc.; however, it's a bit more effort to set up in most cases.

I put it in /boot/efi/EFI/refind/

I try to boot into xen-4.3-unstable.efi (is this correct?) Iget this error on boot menu:  efi loader    no configuration file found

Are you saying that rEFInd produces this error, or are you seeing this when launching it in some other way? I don't believe rEFInd would ever produce that particular error message, although the program it launches certainly could. If the error message hangs around long enough to get it, a screen shot (taken with a digital camera) or exact copy of the text might be informative.

Board footer