You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-03 07:27:10

mindwar

RTL8187 driver monitor mode support

I know this driver has been covered in depth regarding how to patch it and such. However, I am having significant difficulty getting it fully working. I've tried the default drivers that come with the latest 3.9 kernel (mac80211) along with the compat-drivers-patched and compat-wireless-patched (each used separately of course), from the AUR.

My wireless card appears to be stuck on channel 1 and when running monitor utilities such as airodump-ng shows up as -1. As I recall this issue had a patch for the older IEEE80112 drivers to fixed the negative one issue. I believe it was fixed with the mac80211 drivers released with the latest kernels.

Any ideas why this issue would be occurring again?

#2 2013-06-03 08:23:08

mindwar

Re: RTL8187 driver monitor mode support

I've kind of solved the issue. Not sure exactly WHY this is how it's behaving. Basically when you run "airmon-ng start wlan0" to enable monitor mode, if you don't specify a channel such as "airmon-ng start wlan0 5", it will become stuck showing only channel 1 with the channel listed as negative 1. However, if you do specify a channel such as 5, airodump-ng will switch between ALL of the channels, not just 5. Very weird.

Board footer