You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-11 17:21:47

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

libjs and gxine

Hey all,
I don't have access to my linux box from work (my headless machine isn't liking ssh right now, and I've been too lazy to grab a monitor out of the closet), so I have a few questions.

The newest gxine package requires mozilla's spidermonkey (libjs.so) in order to use the mozilla suite plugin.  I know that firefox and mozilla both install /opt/mozilla/*/include/js/(blah blah), which is fine.  However, it seems I was unable to find libjs.so.  Does anyone know if this is installed (like I said, I can't access my box to investigate)?

If it is not, I'll have to install spidermonkey seperately... if this is the case, then I'm debating on where to install it.  It warrants installing to /opt/mozilla, but it's also generic enough to install to /usr like normal.  Any opinions on this?  In case you don't know, spidermonkey is the javascript interpreter used by mozilla, and is embeddable too ( http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/ )

#2 2005-11-11 20:07:32

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: libjs and gxine

I don't have libjs.so. But I have libjsj.so and libjsd:

/opt/mozilla/lib/firefox-1.0.7/components/libjsd.so
/opt/mozilla/lib/firefox-1.0.7/libjsj.so
/opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla-1.7.12/components/libjsd.so
/opt/mozilla/lib/mozilla-1.7.12/libjsj.so

I don't know if it the same thing, though.

#3 2005-11-11 21:50:02

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: libjs and gxine

Hmmm I can try sed'ing the makefile to use "-ljsj" instead - but i have a feeling that will go boom.

I'll try packaging up spidermonkey this weekend.

Board footer