You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-04 12:27:54

linduxed
Website

Something is setting the function keys, but I don't know what.

I recently installed Arch on a Lenovo T340s and I've been struggling with getting all the function keys to work. They all give out codes, but I can't seem to get them all to work with acpid. Those problems are a different topic/thread.

What's weird though is that some things are already set somewhere automatically and I'd like to figure out where.

For instance, there's a mute key which works both in X and in console. It's not set in /etc/acpi/handler.sh, neither have added any mapping for XF86AudioMute in Awesome, so it's not that either.

The suspend combination (Fn+F4) also works without any configuration and considering I could configure what happens upon suspend in systemd, I'd guess that it's configured somewhere there, but I'm not sure.

Same thing for wireless toggle (Fn+F5).

The point of me asking is that I figured that it would be a good idea to configure all of these keys in the same place.

Last edited by linduxed (2013-06-04 12:30:31)

#2 2013-06-12 10:47:20

David Batson

Re: Something is setting the function keys, but I don't know what.

Possibly this will help some.  Don't have a direct answer to your question.

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Thinkpad-acpi

#3 2013-06-12 11:57:56

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Some of these could be hardware toggles and/or run from BIOS.  The wireless definitely is - it willl not interact with your wireless management software, it simply toggles power to the transciever which can be seen with rfkill.

It's possible the mute key could also be a harware switch for the speakers - but I've never seen this done before.  The fact that it works in the console as well would support the suggestion that it is a hardware toggle, but I'm still skeptical.

Last edited by Trilby (2013-06-12 11:58:46)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2013-06-12 15:45:09

linduxed
Website

It could be the case that some of this is BIOS controlled, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm pretty sure that at least suspend and the WiFi keys are.

Board footer